NBC Sports Edge Forums

Lonzo Ball 2017-2018 Season Outlook

18 minutes ago, absknicks said:

I wouldn't say that. He has limitations and defects in his game that he needs to address/fix if he's going to be a good player in this league. No different than most rookies, but safe to say the expectations coming in were out of whack with the reality of his current skillset.

naah...he can shoot- off the dribble, pull-up, step-back catch-n-shoot, long range, mid range, floaters, can get to the basket.

we already know about his court vision and ability to create for others.

great rebounder at his position...not the best defender moving his feet, but collects a lot of weakside steals/blocks, gets his hands in passing lanes with his length.

he's lacking the pep in his step though...his confidence is simply not there, and you can tell by the way he moves.

this is brandon ingram all over again.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If y'all need steals be sure to draft LiAngelo next time

Ball's old man will probably spin Lonzo's horrific shooting percentages into something positive.  "Lonzo is revolutionizing the game.  All these guys that came before him made shots.  How damn boring

I got the gimmick down:   He played 40 minutes. Anybody that plays 40 minutes should get those stats.    He passes all the time. Anyone that passes as much as he does should get th

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, IsraeliPSYCHO said:

naah...he can shoot- off the dribble, pull-up, step-back catch-n-shoot, long range, mid range, floaters, can get to the basket.

we already know about his court vision and ability to create for others.

great rebounder at his position...not the best defender moving his feet, but collects a lot of weakside steals/blocks, gets his hands in passing lanes with his length.

he's lacking the pep in his step though...his confidence is simply not there, and you can tell by the way he moves.

this is brandon ingram all over again.

I disagree with pretty much all of that. Also think he lacks elite speed/athleticism which will make him a defensive liability for his entire career. Also will effect his ability to finish in the paint even though he's got good length for his postion. I'm not saying he won't eventually be a good NBA player, just that it's far from certain and he has a lot of work to do. 

And Brandon Ingram is far from a feel good success story. Still has a lot of work to do to become a consistently good NBA player as well. 

1 minute ago, absknicks said:

I disagree with pretty much all of that. Also think he lacks elite speed/athleticism which will make him a defensive liability for his entire career. Also will effect his ability to finish in the paint even though he's got good length for his postion. I'm not saying he won't eventually be a good NBA player, just that it's far from certain and he has a lot of work to do. 

And Brandon Ingram is far from a feel good success story. Still has a lot of work to do to become a consistently good NBA player as well. 

if you aren't aware of his shooting ability, then you simply didn't watch him at ucla....he's also low key athletic. he absolutely has a lot of work to do, but it's mainly in his head right now. 

ingram hasn't made it quite yet, but its not hard to see that he's on his way and is lightyears ahead of where he was last year.

37 minutes ago, jackmurphy said:

He’s Michael Carter-Williams reborn

Dejounte Murray is the new Carter-Williams. Lonzo at least has mid-range game.

I don't even know how to describe Lonzo. I'm drawing a blank. Just stop sucking, Lonzo. 

9 hours ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

guess he shoulda told his dad to shut up and let him take a sneaker deal. At this rate, nobody is going to pay hundreds of dollars for a sneaker representing a trash player. That's like asking to pay $1000 for Sun Yue sneakers.

If only one person buys those Sun Yues, they'll probably be worth a lot some day though.

1 hour ago, crocp said:

I seriously dont recall ever seeng such a bad shooter...ever. 

Why is he even shooting? at 20%, dude needs to stop shooting and figure out his shot form or something..see a therapist.. Jeez.

Clearly you don't remember MCW and Mudiay :D 

On 11/4/2017 at 1:16 AM, IsraeliPSYCHO said:

Yes he can shoot the ball off the dribble

Yes he can pull up step back and shoot the ball

Yes he can catch and shoot the ball

Yes he can shoot long range shots

Yes he can shoot mid range shots and floaters

Yes he can get to the basket. 

The big problem is actually putting the ball in the cylinders. 

source.gif

Edited by Cdub2k
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Just now, Pumbaa said:

1,1 3pts

8,8 pts

6,4 reb

6,8 as

1,1 st

0,7 blk

2,4 to

imagin if he improves his fg% from 29,9% to 40-42%... 

That's a pretty substantial increase you're asking for. And a lot of the counting stats are just by virtue of all the minutes he's playing. I will say the low turnover numbers are the one bright spot so far. 

Just now, Pumbaa said:

1,1 3pts

8,8 pts

6,4 reb

6,8 as

1,1 st

0,7 blk

2,4 to

imagin if he improves his fg% from 29,9% to 40-42%... 

Imagine I make the NBA one day and post 30/10/10....just imagine...

With that form, I doubt he can get to 35%.....his shots are a joke to block for these NBA guys...took them 1 week to figure him out.

3 hours ago, tallball said:

I think he can come close to 35% once he adjusts to NBA level defense. 

Ball's old man will probably spin Lonzo's horrific shooting percentages into something positive.  "Lonzo is revolutionizing the game.  All these guys that came before him made shots.  How damn boring is it when the ball just goes in the basket more than half the time.  Lonzo's just keeping everyone entertained because his bricks lead to fast breaks on the other end or putback dunks for his own team sometimes.  My son's doing things you've never seen before."

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
17 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

from /r/nba

"Out of the 87 players in the NBA who have taken at least 100 shots this season. Ball is last in FG% - .299, eFG% - .346, TS% - .359."

Yikes. That is on the outlier side of the rookie curve. 

This guy is baaaaaaaaaaaad at shooting. Where is that Israel guy at? Hes probably Lavar Ball in disguise or one of the few who believed his hype and paid over $1000 for that glass case lonzo shoes that lights up lol.

Like I said, great at rebounding and the assists will be there, but hes borderline unownable if you cant shoot.

I mean 10 games is good enough for him to start making an adjustment. But I will say this, I will give him 10 more games before I say it loudly to EVERYONE to drop this bum. 

Again perfect for punt fg% teams, but damn I didn't think he would be this bad at ft% too.

Edited by Johnnyapplebot
  • Like 1