NBC Sports Edge Forums

Markelle Fultz 2017-2018 Season Outlook

3 minutes ago, doomz said:

i wonder what was your general opinion on Curry, or even Mitchell, after watching them play the first 4 games of their NBA careers.

Lonzo Ball is already exposed as one of the most overhyped Pgs.  He's looking like Rubio 2.0 with better rebounding.  his fg% is somehow worse than Rubio.  Fultz has been exposed as well but has this shoulder injury to bail him out.

its not just a matter of small sample size either. Bennett is one of the biggest busts in recent history and you didn't need an entire season to figure it out.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Because Fultz doesn’t play.

Can't really go wrong in the 85th round.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, c_dog said:

Lonzo Ball is already exposed as one of the most overhyped Pgs.  He's looking like Rubio 2.0 with better rebounding.  his fg% is somehow worse than Rubio.  Fultz has been exposed as well but has this shoulder injury to bail him out.

its not just a matter of small sample size either. Bennett is one of the biggest busts in recent history and you didn't need an entire season to figure it out.

You have yet to explain how Fultz is a scrub/exposed whatever from the four games he played when something clearly wasn’t right. 

3 hours ago, c_dog said:

Him and Ball were project to be two Allstar PG in the future.  Many had him going in the 7th round.  At the 11th round I thought I could go with a reliable sg/SF which there's usually an abundance of or I take a gamble on a guy who was to be the future pg of a young upcoming team.  That did not workout for me but in late rounds I have no problem taking fliers

But you thought he was a scrub right?

• 2 weeks later...

Very doubtful he's worth picking up in standard leagues, even if he does put up better numbers and efficiency than expected, he'll be sitting out a lot of games and on a tight minutes restriction, then there's also the Simmons as ball handler factor.

Just now, JStyles said:

Very doubtful he's worth picking up in standard leagues, even if he does put up better numbers and efficiency than expected, he'll be sitting out a lot of games and on a tight minutes restriction, then there's also the Simmons as ball handler factor.

how about keeper league?

24 minutes ago, JStyles said:

Philly need a guard who can create his own shot as well as play off the ball, which Fultz is apparently meant to be great at. I doubt he will start at first, but coming off the bench he should still produce enough value to be picked up in 12 teams. 

Also dont think he should have a massive restriction. Maybe at first just because he will need to build up his conditioning, but should be fine after asb which is where the majority of us need him

Edited by rfhamilton
1 hour ago, Stefan said:

Sooooooo... return "soon" ??
OR ?

WTF does that even mean. This has been the craziest injury process I have ever seen. Why don't they just say he is returning to practice rather than this return to play program garbage?!

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, 23_gaby_23 said:

What do you expect in the next month??

I am not high on Fultz right now. He didn't show us anything in summer league, his jumper was broken, and the sixers are the most careful team in the NBA.

Simmons, Embiid, Redick, and Dario are all ahead of him and TBH TJ McConnell hasn't looked that bad either so when he does come back were looking at getting eased in and having to jump a lot of people in order to be fantasy relevant. 

Some may call me crazy and I hope I'm wrong about this but I think Fultz belongs on the WW

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, greatestmetfan said:

I am not high on Fultz right now. He didn't show us anything in summer league, his jumper was broken, and the sixers are the most careful team in the NBA.

Simmons, Embiid, Redick, and Dario are all ahead of him and TBH TJ McConnell hasn't looked that bad either so when he does come back were looking at getting eased in and having to jump a lot of people in order to be fantasy relevant. 

Some may call me crazy and I hope I'm wrong about this but I think Fultz belongs on the WW

I think you right...

PHI plays well and Fultz will play behind Simmons and like you said, McConnell play well from the bench..

I think that Fultz will play around 15-20 min max.

Phi doesn’t want to rush him with the PHI injury history

I probably keep my R-Jax on my IL slot

I always found it so funny that the fans tend to sh|t on the players when then they don't pan out to be as good as advertised and yet everyone gives a pass to the GMs, scouts for drafting them.  Or in Darko's case media (Chad Ford) for hyping them up. 

7 minutes ago, Deathrow said:

I always found it so funny that the fans tend to sh|t on the players when then they don't pan out to be as good as advertised and yet everyone gives a pass to the GMs, scouts for drafting them.  Or in Darko's case media (Chad Ford) for hyping them up. 

Mainstream media goes hard on the players but loyal fans give their GMs and coaches a really hard time. As a Knicks fan we have ran multiple coaches/GMs out for bad and even good draft picks lol.

Just now, greatestmetfan said:

Mainstream media goes hard on the players but loyal fans give their GMs and coaches a really hard time. As a Knicks fan we have ran multiple coaches/GMs out for bad and even good draft picks lol.

LOL that I believe.   That picture of Darko just reminded me of the plethora of articles Chad Ford wrote hyping up this kid you would think he was the next coming of Jesus.  

22 minutes ago, greatestmetfan said:

The Sixers let Fultz play when they knew he was injured. Are they really that careful?

• Haha 2
19 hours ago, Kaboom said:

The Sixers let Fultz play when they knew he was injured. Are they really that careful?

Joel Embiids game log is solid evidence but hey atleast Fultz is practicing, the below article is better for people who don't like my negative outlook on him lol

http://www.phillyvoice.com/markelle-fultz-injury-update-video-jump-shot-sixers-practice/

• Like 1