NBC Sports Edge Forums

Scooter Gennett 2017 Outlook

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, hobbs28 said:

The juice is back in baseball.  Not sure if its the balls or the players, but MLB sure did find a way to jack up the longballs and destroy pitching.

Dude there was like 20 hr hit tonight already.  It's insane.  Def juice.  There's slap hitters destroying the ball.

Is he the least accomplished player to hit 4 in a game? I feel kind of bad for saying this but he's kind of too garbage to be hitting 4 in one game. The juice is loose in clubhouses. 

11 minutes ago, mrfrood said:

Is he the least accomplished player to hit 4 in a game? I feel kind of bad for saying this but he's kind of too garbage to be hitting 4 in one game. The juice is loose in clubhouses. 

It's a fluke statistic like the perfect game or the no hitter or the cycle for that matter. There have been bona fide sluggers who have done it like Gehrig, Mays, Schmidt or even Carlos Delgado, and guys who haven't been pure HR hitters like Shawn Green or Mike Cameron. When you are on one day and that could happen to any ball player, it doesn't matter. The bat in your hand is the giant hammer and the ball is just a tiny nail. 

Edited by Greenpack

Added him for Phillips while im waiting for some hitters to return from the shelf. No idea where that came from but worth holding for a few days at least.

Is he even guaranteed AB's though?

1 hour ago, swfcdan said:

Added him for Phillips while im waiting for some hitters to return from the shelf. No idea where that came from but worth holding for a few days at least.

Is he even guaranteed AB's though?

Not really. I think he starts tonight for sure and unless he stays blistering hot Thursday really depends on how Schebler's shoulder feels. I wouldn't bank on him this weekend against the Dodgers with Hill and Wood in line to start.

14 hours ago, mose316 said:

why even pitch to him if youre brebbia? Lol awesome feat though. I still remember when hard hittin mark whitten did it.

Well...because he's Scooter Gennett. 

He had a flash of good hitting early on but sort of fell off before his game last night. 10 RBI's - incredible.

To think that he's only the 14th player in history to drive in 10 in a single game - that it has only happened now 4 times since the turn of the century- and that it's happened twice already this season. Congrats to anyone who had Scooter in the lineup - go buy a lottery ticket.

19 minutes ago, Bravesfan155 said:

He had a flash of good hitting early on but sort of fell off before his game last night. 10 RBI's - incredible.

To think that he's only the 14th player in history to drive in 10 in a single game - that it has only happened now 4 times since the turn of the century- and that it's happened twice already this season. Congrats to anyone who had Scooter in the lineup - go buy a lottery ticket.

I don't think ANYBODY had him in their line up lol

• 2 weeks later...

hes just sitting on my wire while i continue to trot out bums like moustakas and bregman.

i joked up thread about picking him up and playing him against STL, but im giving serious consideration to picking him and riding this out as long as possible,

33 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

hes just sitting on my wire while i continue to trot out bums like moustakas and bregman.

i joked up thread about picking him up and playing him against STL, but im giving serious consideration to picking him and riding this out as long as possible,

If you've waited this long I'd wait and see what happens when Cozart comes back tomorrow.If he loses a little PT and cools down a bit he's JAG.

A bit shocked he did not get a thread after his headliner 4 HR game a while back. This guy seems to have carved out an everyday role with the reds--hitting 2nd in front of Votto! Eligible at 2B/3B/OF. Up to a .307/.350/.580 on the year. I am skeptical it continues but he's well worth using until the wheels come off.

29 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

A bit shocked he did not get a thread after his headliner 4 HR game a while back. This guy seems to have carved out an everyday role with the reds--hitting 2nd in front of Votto! Eligible at 2B/3B/OF. Up to a .307/.350/.580 on the year. I am skeptical it continues but he's well worth using until the wheels come off.

Cozart back today-could change things.