NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Chris Paul 2017-18 Season Outlook

miasma16

4pts 6rbs 14asts 2stls. fg% was dreadful but he barely made any shot attempts so... also, NO TO's. what a stud.

kinda bizzare line but I guess I'll take it lol. looks fantastic on the floor and leads the team like a boss. he will eventually make those shots, so mostly happy about todays performance.

Edited by jhsong916

The points will come. He is their second best scorer, and it's not really close. How and when he chooses to score - that is another story.

What isn't shocking is his remarkable efficiency. No one else in the NBA will pump out the AST/TO ratio like CP.

19/5/10 this season incoming for sure. 

5 minutes ago, Soafanforlife said:

The points will come. He is their second best scorer, and it's not really close. How and when he chooses to score - that is another story.

What isn't shocking is his remarkable efficiency. No one else in the NBA will pump out the AST/TO ratio like CP.

17-18pts seems more likely, and don't forget the 2 steals and 2 3PM

13 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

3 of 19 FGs over the last 2 games... Not worried, b/c he's typically a pretty decent overall shooter. I just don't like the number of attempts, would prefer 12-14 per game

Why would you want him to shoot more when he doesn't have it? Chris Paul is a smart player. If his shot isn't falling, he's not going to keep jacking up shots. He's going to find other ways to impact the game.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Soafanforlife said:

not a chance dude. he usually scored about 19-20 as the main option on the clippers. I would be surprised if he breaks 16 ppg this season. 

No one should really be banking on his scoring anyway. His value has always been elite efficiency, assists and steals. Fg% might be a little lower this season but he's going to make up for it with many more threes. Will lead the league in dimes by a large margin.  Easy top 10 value rest of the way if he is healthy. 

• Like 2

It really feels good when you are punting points and don't have to worry about scoring. I am 2nd in my 14 team league and i won points only once in previous 6 weeks. And yeah, CP3 fits that build like a glove

Edited by GmGodine
  • Like 1

just god CP3 and Jimmy for Kemba, d.carroll, ibaka and farried (super deep rosters so no players to pick from the wire, best is d.west lol). i know it's a bit for AC forum but here i have a base of loyal cp3 owners who can bring some light on the dude value which i feel can be top 10 this year if healthy (and jimmy can be around 30, which is where kemba usually is, but it feels more cuz he's so solid). the only thing that made me hessitate to do this trade is that houston are super good even without cp3 and will give him a lot of rest days+low minutes.  what your thoughts about this guys?

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, iscodisco said:

just god CP3 and Jimmy for Kemba, d.carroll, ibaka and farried (super deep rosters so no players to pick from the wire, best is d.west lol). i know it's a bit for AC forum but here i have a base of loyal cp3 owners who can bring some light on the dude value which i feel can be top 10 this year if healthy (and jimmy can be around 30, which is where kemba usually is, but it feels more cuz he's so solid). the only thing that made me hessitate to do this trade is that houston are super good even without cp3 and will give him a lot of rest days+low minutes.  what your thoughts about this guys?

Seriously? You hesitated on this deal?

CP3 and Jimmy are better than Kemba. You got the two best players in the deal and gave up Kemba + peanuts :ph34r:

11 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

Seriously? You hesitated on this deal?

CP3 and Jimmy are better than Kemba. You got the two best players in the deal and gave up Kemba + peanuts :ph34r:

like i said...it's super-duper deep (if in regular 12 team league the rosterable playere are the top 150, in our league is the top 250) so carroll and ibaka value (which will be around top 75 this year) is way higher than regular league. but still, i like the potential top 10 player in cp3 who is a bit underrated in fantasy land (people tend to appricate high scoring players to much). hope it'll be a fun ride : )

40 minutes ago, iscodisco said:

like i said...it's super-duper deep (if in regular 12 team league the rosterable playere are the top 150, in our league is the top 250) so carroll and ibaka value (which will be around top 75 this year) is way higher than regular league. but still, i like the potential top 10 player in cp3 who is a bit underrated in fantasy land (people tend to appricate high scoring players to much). hope it'll be a fun ride : )

Fair call!

I traded Harden for CP3+Horford a few weeks ago, mostly as I wanted depth (8-team league roto 9 cat) after losing Hayward. Most people didn't like the trade for me, but like you said, CP3 has top 10 upside and Horford brings unique stats for his position (triples, assists, blocks, good percentages).

Like you said, people overvalue scoring.