NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Chris Paul 2017-18 Season Outlook

miasma16

I dont know if i regret not accepting cp3,boogie, millsap(inj) and melo for my giannis, lowry,marc gasol and ariza last nov19. I was hesitant because of millsap and melo, i like boogie and cp3. Josh from bbm also questioned me why i would do it. Looking back at it now, they are my opponents this week and im leading 7-2, leading steals even if cp3 had 7 of them today.

31 minutes ago, Xmantt said:

I dont know if i regret not accepting cp3,boogie, millsap(inj) and melo for my giannis, lowry,marc gasol and ariza last nov19. I was hesitant because of millsap and melo, i like boogie and cp3. Josh from bbm also questioned me why i would do it. Looking back at it now, they are my opponents this week and im leading 7-2, leading steals even if cp3 had 7 of them today.

Uhh... Cool story. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 2017/11/23 at 11:02 AM, LuN said:

Top 5 value

4 weeks ago

29 minutes ago, greatestmetfan said:

2 weeks ago - "He'll be top 25"

1 week ago - "He'll be top 10"

Today - "He'll be top 5"

The sky is the limit for his ROS outlook. When you watch the games it seems like any thing Chris Paul wants to happen happens on the court and his 4th quarter was ridiculous last night.

1 minute ago, greatestmetfan said:

I'm just hoping in another week or two we can say #1. Sorry though I can't go back a month and read the thread lol I woulda given you credit.

On BBM he's ranked #6 over the last month, #3 over the last 2 weeks, and #2 for the last week, so he is slowly getting there lol. 

Congrats the the point god for player of the week!

For the week, Paul helped the Rockets to a 4-0 mark, while averaging 26.0 points (53.8% FGs, 45.7% 3FGs, 94.7% FTs), 7.8 assists, 6.3 rebounds, and 3.25 steals. The Rockets have won 13 in a row since Paul returned to the lineup and are outscoring opponents by an average of 15.9 points per game over that span. The 13-game winning streak is tied for the fourth-longest in franchise history.

Paul has scored at least 20 points in each of the past five games, tying for his longest single season streak since the first six games of 2009-10. He has also hit three or more three-pointers in four straight games for the first time in his career and is currently shooting a career-best 42.9% from behind-the-arc.

The Rockets are 14-0 when Paul plays this season. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, he is the first player to win each of his first 14 starts with a new team since starts were tracked in 1970-71. If he qualified, Paul would rank third in the NBA in assists (9.2 apg) and second in steals (2.36). He has the most assists and steals of any active player and ranks 10th and 14th in those categories all-time.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hoopking said:

everyone's laughing at me when i drafted cp3 10th pick on a 14-teamer. LOL 

Really good value pick at 10 (though could've gone wrong given new team etc). 

CP3 is always underrated. The only second round pick this year that could've realistically post his usual top 5-10 numbers barring health.

Edited by ovofnd

2 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

Really good value pick at 10 (though could've gone wrong given new team etc). 

CP3 is always underrated. The only second round pick this year that could've realistically post his usual top 5-10 numbers barring health.

on my other league which is a 12-teamer, he was picked 15th lol.