NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dustin Fowler 2017 Outlook

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Tyler Austin going to the DL.  Sounds like he will be their 1b.

he is an OF.  Not a 1B

He'll rotate in the OF and probably split some time in the DH spot with Andujar until Holliday gets back. Won't play every single day but he'll get 3-4 starts a week at least. 

5 minutes ago, absknicks said:

He'll rotate in the OF and probably split some time in the DH spot with Andujar until Holliday gets back. Won't play every single day but he'll get 3-4 starts a week at least. 

He is a top prospect, I could be wrong but I expect more PT.  More like 5-6 games per week.    Big question is who is the 1B?   Maybe they try him there?    Don't know.  Cashman doesn't call up top prospects to split time.   This isn't Andujar or even Wade

Can they re sign Carter?  :o

4 minutes ago, rich22 said:

He is a top prospect, I could be wrong but I expect more PT.  More like 5-6 games per week.    Big question is who is the 1B?   Maybe they try him there?    Don't know.  Cashman doesn't call up top prospects to split time.   This isn't Andujar or even Wade

Can they re sign Carter?  :o

Top prospect? Like Blake Snell? 

1 minute ago, Dirtywater97 said:

In the blurb about him they specifically state he is playing 1B to replace Austin while he is out with the hamstring issue.

Ok, that would be cool.   I hope

Just now, urban2014 said:

Top prospect? Like Blake Snell? 

Snell was a yankee prospect?     No, more like Sanchez and Judge.  Heard of them?

2 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

In the blurb about him they specifically state he is playing 1B to replace Austin while he is out with the hamstring issue.

He won't be playing first base. That blurb is incorrect. 

1 minute ago, absknicks said:

He won't be playing first base. That blurb is incorrect. 

More apt to agree here, but I think he will play, everyday, somewhere

I'm being random here.   Why not Judge at first?   He is a good athlete and I'm certain he can make the switch.    Would certainly be a big target for the IF, to throw too

2 minutes ago, rich22 said:

I'm being random here.   Why not Judge at first?   He is a good athlete and I'm certain he can make the switch.    Would certainly be a big target for the IF, to throw too

people think 1b is easy and anyone can play it.  i would not put judge at first without an offseason of work...

1 minute ago, jfazz23 said:

yanks might have to go get a first baseman if bird really is missing the year

Even if Bird wasn't out for the year, they should still go and find a first base.  

1 minute ago, Cmilne23 said:

Even if Bird wasn't out for the year, they should still go and find a first base.  

well i truly believe bird is a 30-40 homer talent when healthy...so who would you want them to get? jose abreu? lol

who are some names you like for this year??

@absknicks

@rich22

3 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

well i truly believe bird is a 30-40 homer talent when healthy...so who would you want them to get? jose abreu? lol

who are some names you like for this year??

@absknicks

@rich22

Bour/Alonso are the two guys who I think could come at a reasonable enough price and be the best fit. 

I've really soured on Bird. The fact that he's still this messed up from a foul ball in Spring Training does not bode well for his durability outlook, IMO. He's made Nick Johnson look like an iron man so far in his career. 

Archived