Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

July Closer Thread 2017


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh gives up a hit to Realmuto and Rosenthal is warming up.

Groundball out and then strike out Ozuna, intention walk of Bour and strikes out Prado for the Save. 

Easy as pie  /s

Edited by StevoSupremo89
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry if it was already posted but Familia could be back the first week of August. Good DL stash for those who need/will need saves down the stretch if he happened to be dropped in your league. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, merlin401 said:

Iglesias pitches two innings in a 6-2 game, giving up a run making it appear like a save in the box score but it wasn't.  Smart move being in Coors to have him lock the door.

Yea it was 3 run lead.  Why wasn't it a save opp?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JetsAwesome said:

Yea it was 3 run lead.  Why wasn't it a save opp?

 

 

he came in, up 6-2 to start the 8th

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, absknicks said:

Sorry if it was already posted but Familia could be back the first week of August. Good DL stash for those who need/will need saves down the stretch if he happened to be dropped in your league. 

Is Reed gonna get traded?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Ah so going 2 IP to close out a four-run lead doesn't qualify as a "save". Makes sense.

 

 

NOT

Yeah. He would have needed to come on in the 7th to finish a 15 run blowout. That's the mark of a fireman. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SpecialFNK said:

 

 

if the Reds were to trade Iglesias, then who is next in Cincinnati? Storen? Lorenzen?

 

would the Nationals also be interested in getting Storen back? wasn't Storen upset with Washington when he was there before and they traded for Papelbon to replace him?

 

This makes a lot of sense... If they are going to have to pay out the nose for a closer, then why not go and get the absolute best available? Would make sense if Cozart came in the deal as well. If they can find a way to sneak Storen in there too, then they could break their closer curse LOL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jseay65 said:

 

This makes a lot of sense... If they are going to have to pay out the nose for a closer, then why not go and get the absolute best available? Would make sense if Cozart came in the deal as well. If they can find a way to sneak Storen in there too, then they could break their closer curse LOL.

I could be wrong but I think Storen burned some bridges on his way out of DC

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rabbit Maranville said:

Nicasio coming in for the save opp. Both he and Rivero have gone back to back, but Rivero threw 36 pitches to Nicasio's 22. Weekend series @ CHC coming up. Brilliant managing!

have to respect Hurdle and his long list of accolades 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Rabbit Maranville said:

Nicasio coming in for the save opp. Both he and Rivero have gone back to back, but Rivero threw 36 pitches to Nicasio's 22. Weekend series @ CHC coming up. Brilliant managing!

 

God what an idiot!  You should be in charge angry fantasy guru lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...