NBC Sports Edge Forums

July Closer Thread 2017

I'm calling it now, if Rosie and Oh both fix the ship, the Cardinals will trade both if they can. It will lower their medical insurance costs not having to worry about their manager having a heart attack or stroke. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, BleedRedsRed said:

To be fair he is facing the heart of a great offense. But yeah, not looking too amazing out there.

Rosenthal faced 2/3 of the offense.  Chances are, the heart would be in there, somewhere

8 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Betances you hate Chapman that bad dude? Come on

He's a disaster. Averaging close to 8 BB/9 now. Every walk he gives up is essentially a triple too since he can't hold baserunners. 

Edited by absknicks

Last 30 days: 

Rosenthal: ERA 7.15 WHIP 1.85 (and that doesn't include the 6.00 WHIP from tonight)

Oh:            ERA 5.73 WHIP 1.27

Bowman:  ERA 2.19 WHIP 1.05

STL is 3 games back from 1st and tied with the Cubs. They can't afford to throw away games. Maybe STL will be a buyer in the closer market. Or maybe someone will borrow the Diamondback closer's signature move.... 

5 minutes ago, street sharks said:

I'm afraid to drop Rosenthal because of his peripherals and I already got burned by Rodney earlier this year

:|

I hear you, but the only peripheral I need to see on Rosenthal is his heat map. It looks like a bullseye. Lots and lots of red right in the middle of the strike zone. Rosenthal would be fired as a painter after a week cause he would leave every room without having painted the corners. 

41 minutes ago, street sharks said:

I'm afraid to drop Rosenthal because of his peripherals and I already got burned by Rodney earlier this year

:|

Well, Rodney never lost the job. Rosie never had it. That's really the SAGNOF lesson to be learned.

yeah it was pretty painful for me holding Rodney in the beginning. I was basically praying for him to lose the job. But he never did, thankfully, I guess. 

The FRE is like no other. 

Edited by Fiveohnine
36 minutes ago, lipitorkid said:

I hear you, but the only peripheral I need to see on Rosenthal is his heat map. It looks like a bullseye. Lots and lots of red right in the middle of the strike zone. Rosenthal would be fired as a painter after a week cause he would leave every room without having painted the corners. 

The Nats were just squaring up on Rosie and hitting him HARD.  Yadi saved him from a couple wild pitches too.  Oh looked way better tonight, and I have a feeling he gets the next chance in this crappy closer carousel.

10 hours ago, 6Kill said:

His last 4 games he's pitched 3 and 1/3 innings, has 7 Ks with 3 Saves and hasn't allowed a single man on base.

whose last 4 games?

Edited by rich22