NBC Sports Edge Forums

July Closer Thread 2017

apparently David Robertson is close to going to Boston (with Frazier).

I was thinking Kahnle was next, but he has not been as good lately as we was earlier in the season.

Edited by SpecialFNK
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumor is that the Dodgers are after Rivero. 

I could see Rivero and McCutchen to the Dodgers for prospects.

1 hour ago, SpecialFNK said:

MUCH better? better yes, but I wouldn't say much better. he is still giving up too many base runners.

For all of your whining during that stretch about how otherworldly bad he was, I figured you'd agree with me. He was terrible during that SSS, a 1.13 WHIP is not "too many baserunners" no matter how you try to rationalize it.

1 hour ago, SpecialFNK said:

any closer that is giving up more base runners than IP is risky. a quality closer should not be putting that many runners on base.

This is a ridiculous post. 28 guys have 10+ saves this year. 7 have a sub-1.00 WHIP.

Are you suggesting that there are only 7 quality closers in the majors? Your posts about Colome were nonsensical a few weeks ago and they're even worse now. Bow out.

1 minute ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Not so fast on Swarzak. Sounds like Clippard coming back in deal. Has "closer experience." 

lol...IF clippard is the only thing standing between swarzak and the closer gig, it will only be a matter of time before the gig is his