NBC Sports Edge Forums

July Closer Thread 2017

6 hours ago, 9703 said:

Barraclough is the top stash right now. 

I cannot agree with this. He is not the top stash. A "top stash" is an elite RP with an opportunity to close. Barraclough is not an elite reliever right now. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, mannymachado said:

Ya kela is a drop folks,  nothing to see.

Dunno about that. Claudio is a very unorthodox pitcher and definitely not a typical closer. Might be worth hanging on to Kela for a week or two if your roster can manage.

This was Kela's first outing back from the DL, and he was put in the set up role immediately. 

He put two on, but Claudio came in because Miller was coming up (LH). 

Claudio is the closer as of now. And could run with it. But Kela is a closer type and could easily still grab the job. This outing in no way changed anything. He's not a drop lol 

In all fairness, Kela seemed like a pretty logical stash.  I kept him when he went on the DL since I had a free DL spot and figured he was definitely going to be the closer when he got activated.  I ended up picking up Claudio tonight after he got the save, but you made the right move at the time stashing Kela.

17 minutes ago, jdbob11 said:

Wasted FAAB dollars on Madson.  Dumb as **** to not have your best guy coming on in the 9th. 

Madson had said he doesnt want to close.

From the beginning, it felt like the Nats would make a 2nd move. Madson has been in MR all season, im not sure why people thought he was a shoo-in for closer.

1 minute ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

and for the 2nd time in 2 outings in the 9th for the nats, doolittle struggling mightly.......lolol

dusty being dusty......

He allowed the first base runner and then should have had a double play ball if not for the Rendon error... and then he proceeded to get arizonas 3-4-5 hitters out... you sound like a Madson owner lol

Matt Wieters nickname should be "modern art" cause every pitch thrown at him is frameless. Jeez he just yanks his glove everywhere. Lay off the coffee bro. Doolittle has thrown some good pitches, he's fine. 

5 minutes ago, Nails101010 said:

yeah, how dare Dusty bring in a guy with a .73 Whip and more than a K an inning to close a game.....successfully by the way..... yawn.

He completes my closer staff... Stud!

11 minutes ago, Nickdoggmoneycash said:

He allowed the first base runner and then should have had a double play ball if not for the Rendon error... and then he proceeded to get arizonas 3-4-5 hitters out... you sound like a Madson owner lol

Did you watch? Had out some loud outs. Goldy hit one 3rd deck that went foul. Then Lamb to the warning track. All after another outing that started with a leadoff walk. You sound like a box score watcher lol

Edited by Backdoor Slider
1 minute ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Did you watch? Had out some loud outs. Goldy hit one 3rd deck that went foul. Then Lamb to the warning track. All after another outing that started with a leadoff walk. You sound like a box score watcher lol

Snakes are a pretty good team, I'm happy with the result, I'm sure Dusty is too as well though he probably had to chew some extra toothpicks in the dugout tonight