NBC Sports EDGE Forums

July Closer Thread 2017

Beakman

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, swfcdan said:

Disagree, GB non-K closers very rarely work. Remember Sam Dyson earlier this year?

Claudio will start to struggle at some point and KK will be there to put out the fire.

Funny how many people said that about Kintzler ? Doesn't strike hitters out . All he had done is picked up right where he left off last year . 

Not a closer but Rick Poecello wasn't a strike out pitcher but a ground ball pitcher and won the Cy Young last year 

just sayin 

13 minutes ago, Lebanasty said:

For those of us still speculating that Swarzak eventually ends up with the job in CHW... pitching in the 6th today with a 1 run lead. This could be awhile,,,

Nate jones get the job  next year by default 

Just now, WaKe21334 said:

I cannot believe Kela isn't figuring in any of this. 

I have him on my bench today because I didn't realize Claudio would be unavailable (and I plan on cutting Kela since we only have 2 bench spots), but yeah, it makes no sense why he wasn't the fill-in today.

2 minutes ago, WaKe21334 said:

Why? It's not like he was closing before he hit the DL and he's JUST off the DL a couple days ago now. Zach Britton didn't close for how many straight appearances off the DL?

3 minutes ago, WaKe21334 said:

Just now, KilloWertz said:

I have him on my bench today because I didn't realize Claudio would be unavailable (and I plan on cutting Kela since we only have 2 bench spots), but yeah, it makes no sense why he wasn't the fill-in today.

Yesterday was Kela's first appearance since coming off the DL. Not unrealistic to think they wouldn't want to use him in back-to-back games.

Just now, Rabbit Maranville said:

Yesterday was Kela's first appearance since coming off the DL. Not unrealistic to think they wouldn't want to use him in back-to-back games.

That's true.  I really didn't think of that obviously.

Manager said he would not be pitched on consecutive days for a while, they are going to ease him in. 

It's Claudio for a little while regardless of his performance or profile...

1 minute ago, Verdez said:

Manager said he would not be pitched on consecutive days for a while, they are going to ease him in. 

It's Claudio for a little while regardless of his performance or profile...

I keep hearing the term "ease him in" which is accurate, but also should be noted they don't want to push his shoulder, which from what I saw last night seems to still be an issue.

2 minutes ago, bradwatson said:

Ausmus is trolling if he gives the job to Rondon after Wilson is moved. Rondon is soooooo bad. His ERA is literally 8.49. It's got to be Shane Greene or Jimenez.

Rondon hasn't been that bad since he was called back up

jimenez?  I mean, his era is over 12

45 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Rondon hasn't been that bad since he was called back up

jimenez?  I mean, his era is over 12

He hasn't been that bad, until today. I don't trust him or bearclaw if they get the job

4 hours ago, pbjfb said:

I kinda liked Leclerc the most out of all them. 42K:18BB in 28IP on the year, but didn't seem to get much chance to pitch in the last month (only 8IP).

4 hours ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

he has the same shot as being closer as hitting runner runner flush.....

I'll call

1 hour ago, bradwatson said:

Ausmus is trolling if he gives the job to Rondon after Wilson is moved. Rondon is soooooo bad. His ERA is literally 8.49. It's got to be Shane Greene or Jimenez.

One or two games could make anybody's era look bad . And it takes several fit it to come back down .

The era only counts from the time a player is on your team.  So what if he had an era of 8.49 or whatever . As long as he does the job you grab him or anybody else .