NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jamal Murray 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Guy is 20 years old with mudiay who cant shoot worth a crap and old man jameer nelson "blocking" him.

Sleeper for sure but i might consider taking him over other PG's like george hill rose collison types especially in dynasty/keeper leagues

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is you waiting for Mudiay to develop into a consistent point guard.   

There's people out there dropping/thinking about dropping Murray?  Crazy world we live in.

If they give Murray the job over Mudiay, I see him having a pretty nice year. The kid can flat out score. His assist numbers should be good in a lineup with Harris, Millsap, Jokic. I like the guy a lot and am expecting a nice leap in his second year. 

Edited by RedRaider27

Calipari once compared Murray loosely to Eric Bledsoe with respect to how he played with Ulis at Kentucky. I see that as an accurate NBA comparison as well. Murray doesn't have blazing speed and is probably more of a combo guard than a point guard.  But, isn't that really true of most starting point guards in the NBA?  I think there will be times when they will want him playing off the ball.  I also think there will be times when he might not be the guy to defend the point guard.  I think if Mudiay could develop into a consistent point guard (lower turnovers, consistent defense), it might actually help Murray.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Calipari once compared Murray loosely to Eric Bledsoe with respect to how he played with Ulis at Kentucky. I see that as an accurate NBA comparison as well. Murray doesn't have blazing speed and is probably more of a combo guard than a point guard.  But, isn't that really true of most starting point guards in the NBA?  I think there will be times when they will want him playing off the ball.  I also think there will be times when he might not be the guy to defend the point guard.  I think if Mudiay could develop into a consistent point guard (lower turnovers, consistent defense), it might actually help Murray.

Here is you waiting for Mudiay to develop into a consistent point guard. :lol:

giphy.gif

• Like 9
  • 2 months later...

There's considerable hype going forward with Murray for this season. At first glance he looks like a low FG guard with pedestrian assist and steal numbers that only provides you with points, threes, and FT%. I will admit I haven't watched many games of his so I'm glad to be corrected. Do we expect him to get around 5 apg? 

I think the high ADP is speculation that he will be much better after recovering from all these injuries that he's had for the past 2 years. The Hype train has him valued at reaching the higher end of his upside this year.

It's an alright gamble. I'd be more into the gamble if I thought he could get more steals.

1 hour ago, doublej said:

There's considerable hype going forward with Murray for this season. At first glance he looks like a low FG guard with pedestrian assist and steal numbers that only provides you with points, threes, and FT%. I will admit I haven't watched many games of his so I'm glad to be corrected. Do we expect him to get around 5 apg? 

Murray's numbers last season in april avg about 5 assts per game when playing 33 mins so if he can stay healthy i have no doubt he can reach 5+ assts per game.

• Like 1

I like him but this guy has done nothing in the NBA with any consistency. Hype train is filling the gaping holes of his production with their hopes and dreams RHJ style. This team is going to be running the offense through the Joker and they are going to be reaching for the playoffs which means he might have a short leash. Mudiay/Nelson are still there as well. I'm not saying to avoid, but he's more of a mid to late round PG. Low floor/high ceiling lottery ticket. Maybe pre-season will change my tune, but I'll pass if someone wants to spend a high mid-round pick on him.

3 hours ago, apatas said:

He is not a high mid-round pick. In Rotoworld H2H mock draft he was taken in 8th round which is not too early though I would put him one round down.

Actually I was listening to some podcasts and I've heard the hosts being giddy picking him up in 4-5th rounds. Jamal is all over the place right now and you probably have to reach to get him.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

Actually I was listening to some podcasts and I've heard the hosts being giddy picking him up in 4-5th rounds. Jamal is all over the place right now and you probably have to reach to get him.

lol I got em in the 12th round 2 weeks ago in our early draft! 

On 9/21/2017 at 10:11 AM, apatas said:

He is not a high mid-round pick. In Rotoworld H2H mock draft he was taken in 8th round which is not too early though I would put him one round down.

He's starting to get enough buzz to be overhyped I think, he'll still be splitting minutes, and he does have a ways to come as a distributor.

The thing that intrigues me most is that being a combo-style PG with this nuggets team actually suits the Nugs. Jokic, Millsap, and even Chandler will handle the ball a bunch too (esp. the former) and Murray looks like he will develop into a deadly off-the-ball threat. Kinda of perfect spacing alongside with Garry Harry at SG. Nice line-up!

I think he will have a solid season due to more playing time. But I don't see breakout potential with him

We all know in fantasy it's those guys you draft late or pick up off waivers that comes out of no where and I just don't see Murray being that guy. Nonetheless he is servicble late pick. 

On 9/23/2017 at 5:59 PM, Buffalo13 said:

Who would you prefer in a dynasty league - Jamaal Murray or Brandon Ingram? 

Who has the lowest floor, and who has the highest ceiling?

This question belongs in the Assistant Coach Help Forums

http://forums.rotoworld.com/forum/20-assistant-coach-help-forum/

• Like 1

I really like Murray, but he's starting to be overhyped now.

As far as his game goes, he's faster and more athletic than people give him credit for. We know he can shoot, and this year he should dish out the rock a fair amount. 13-14 points feels about right, with eh, maybe 4.5 assists? 

Edited by RedRaider27
31 minutes ago, RedRaider27 said:

I really like Murray, but he's starting to be overhyped now.

No kidding. The Rotoworld draft guide lists him as the number 12 (!) PG in the league, which is pretty hysterical.

WXJgoBb.png :o :lol:

9 minutes ago, Kaboom said:

No kidding. The Rotoworld draft guide lists him as the number 12 (!) PG in the league, which is pretty hysterical.

WXJgoBb.png :o :lol:

Yeah, that's way too high. I think he'll be a nice piece on a team, but not if he's being drafted in the 5th or 6th round. Next year is the year I think he makes that big jump and scores around 20 a game.