NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jamal Murray 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is you waiting for Mudiay to develop into a consistent point guard.   

There's people out there dropping/thinking about dropping Murray?  Crazy world we live in.

2 hours ago, mackdonald said:

in a 12er or bigger league, I don't see how you can drop him

Thing is , even when he's hot he's just 3s and points. Even If he gets hot, if your team has enough scorers, then even 1,5-2 threes and 1 steal are so easy to find. I mean if I had ntilinika on the wire i would easily pick him over even a hot murray , as he gives AST/STL/3s at the cost of points

5 hours ago, manolo_ said:

Thing is , even when he's hot he's just 3s and points. Even If he gets hot, if your team has enough scorers, then even 1,5-2 threes and 1 steal are so easy to find. I mean if I had ntilinika on the wire i would easily pick him over even a hot murray , as he gives AST/STL/3s at the cost of points

My sentiments EXACTLY. I actually did this EXACT same drop add a couple days ago lol.

According to Malone, Barton’s potential as a main ball handler is high.

“It is a new era of point guard,” Malone said. “In today’s NBA, yeah, Will Barton can play point guard. He’s shown it in flashes, but I think he needs to become a more consistent playmaker. He’s got the ball in hands a ton…he really has a chance to be a 15-16 points per game, and I’d say 5-6 rebounds and five assists type of a guy every night.”

“I have to keep telling myself sometimes, coach is going to have me at point guard, run the team, make the right decisions, slow us down if things are getting helter-skelter,” Barton said

“I like it,” Barton said. “I like having the ball in my hands. I feel like I’m a scorer and a playmaker. So, I’ve just got to get used to being at the point, it’s kind of different than being on wing and making plays and trying to score.

http://www.nba.com/nuggets/news/barton-point-guard-responsibilities-100817

3 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

Mudiay outplaying him for a couple of weeks now is pretty troubling. But the upside is clearly there. He's still a back-end 12 guy. 

I think the idea of Murray is better than he actually is. I just have never seen it with him whenever I have watched him and I don't think he can develop into an actual point guard.

And so then what is he then? 

An inefficient shooting guard who can have some good games here and there with plenty of horrific shooting games with minimal assists and steals like Rodney Hood? No thank you. 

• Like 1

I don't believe last year when he came in, there was any talk of him being a point guard. He was a shooting guard. Due to lack of point guard play, they want to put him in that spot. It's not so easy to play point. Not sure he really has the handles or game to really play that. I wanted to draft him on the hype going into the season but he was going to high up for where I was thinking so did not get him.

Actually, he was a point guard in high school.  Calipari has stated repeatedly he believes Jamal can be an all-star level PG in the NBA.  However, he must first determine how to play aggressively and make the right decisions on when to take his shot and when to get the ball to teammates.  

13 hours ago, sickrookie said:

when he's on he's all points and 3's....passed. 

Well most people either got him with a late round pick or off the waivers and given that, a lot of points and 3s and some assists are pretty nice. Don’t think anyone is expecting him to be Steph curry 

one owner dropped Mudiay and the other dropped Murray, and I scooped both so its Murray Chistmas and Happy Mudiays to me! Why not, both producing, one makes up for the other and its cuff city... not a bad idea if you're thinkin' it too.