NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jamal Murray 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is you waiting for Mudiay to develop into a consistent point guard.   

There's people out there dropping/thinking about dropping Murray?  Crazy world we live in.

1 minute ago, chud12 said:

Fat, fat line.... on my bench, smh... 

26/10/4/3 with 4 trips. 

The way he was crashing in for the defensive boards and launching those 3s was a beauty...

Having Murray + Harris for this game was real sweet.

Hopefully he keeps it up when Jokic is back

• Like 1
1 hour ago, chud12 said:

Fat, fat line.... on my bench, smh... 

26/10/4/3 with 4 trips. 

He's on a heater. Dude dropped 28 last night too. Why would you bench him tonight?

4 minutes ago, CFN said:

He's on a heater. Dude dropped 28 last night too. Why would you bench him tonight?

No real reason other than I thought I had options. When Barton was ruled out I should of plugged him right into my lu, sigh,. 

Ranked 58th overall in my league, Murray has been pretty great the last month if your not looking for actual pg stats. Averaging close to 17 per during the timeframe while shooting 47 percent from the field and 96 percent from the line. This thread only seems to gain traction when he has a bad game. Murray has been much more comsistant and his had games are usually because of Mike Malone rolling with Mudiay fof god knows why. I just expect him to keep getting better as the season goes on and I hope hope his pt stabilizes for once instead of fluctuating. 

He has looked really good these last two games.. which means a 22 minute game is around the corner because Malone will do something silly.  He has been incredibly active on both ends these past two games and has really impressed me.  Even though he starts at PG, he's pretty much a SG (numbers-wise), and you should expect Bradley Beal-lite lines moving forward (assuming Malone doesn't get in the way and screw with his minutes).  

15 hours ago, Bigballers4life said:

Any concern of milsap returning and hurting him later or mudiay becoming Malone's favorite again? I'm more looking down the line towards playoffs as I'm sitting pretty now 

Millsap's return will no doubt affect Murray.  There are a lot of good players on that team so the usage will need to be spread around.  And you can't ignore the Malone factor either.  Even with Mudiay out last night he found a way to play Murray, who had been red-hot for the past few games, for only 25 minutes.  I have no idea what Malone is/was thinking but he has to be one of the most puzzling coaches in the NBA with his rotations.  All Murray needs is 30+ minutes to be a stud.

12 games w/ 30+ minutes:       21.8 pts, 4.3 reb, 3.0 ast --- 8-4 record

18 games w/ 29 or less mins:  10.1 pts, 3.3 reb, 3.0 ast --- 8-10 record

Edited by BoogieNights
Just now, BoogieNights said:

Admittedly, I missed last night's game.  How did he lose the game for them? 

Tie game with around 35 second left out of the time out Coach Malone  runs a pick & Roll with Murray and Jokic so Jokic could roll to the Dirk sweet spot and ISO.

As Jokic went to set the screen Murray waved him off and pulled it out, Jokic was visibly upset on the court. Murray went ISO and jacked up a fade away 3 and airballed it. Malone flipped out on him during the time out and the Thunder came out and Russ went to the line to win it. Terrible possession where Murray tried to be a hero.

9 minutes ago, greatestmetfan said:

Tie game with around 35 second left out of the time out Coach Malone  runs a pick & Roll with Murray and Jokic so Jokic could roll to the Dirk sweet spot and ISO.

As Jokic went to set the screen Murray waved him off and pulled it out, Jokic was visibly upset on the court. Murray went ISO and jacked up a fade away 3 and airballed it. Malone flipped out on him during the time out and the Thunder came out and Russ went to the line to win it. Terrible possession where Murray tried to be a hero.

To be fair it looked like Jokic didn't want to set the pick either. Haven't rewatched the clip but that's what I  think remember happening