NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jamal Murray 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is you waiting for Mudiay to develop into a consistent point guard.   

There's people out there dropping/thinking about dropping Murray?  Crazy world we live in.

On 1/18/2018 at 8:36 AM, mcflywalker said:

What’s the consensus here? I’m late to the party but managed to pick him up off a waiver; guess the owner got frustrated.

Think scouting reports are onto him besides this concussion protocol thing. His FG attempts have drooped considerably. Here's the thing though, for Denver to win as I looked at their wins and losses, he has to play well. His last good game was thee first week in January. Coach Malone stated that he has to draw schemes to get him better looks. He was killing it prior to this slump. Hate to drop him for somebody like Teodosic, who by the way is picking it here lately, but I still don't trust him. Not in a 12 team league anyway. Then there's the case of Milsap coming back when can also throw a wrench in his production down the road.

25 minutes ago, Forever Smooth said:

Think scouting reports are onto him besides this concussion protocol thing. His FG attempts have drooped considerably. Here's the thing though, for Denver to win as I looked at their wins and losses, he has to play well. His last good game was thee first week in January. Coach Malone stated that he has to draw schemes to get him better looks. He was killing it prior to this slump. Hate to drop him for somebody like Teodosic, who by the way is picking it here lately, but I still don't trust him. Not in a 12 team league anyway. Then there's the case of Milsap coming back when can also throw a wrench in his production down the road.

By this, did you mean, you don’t trust Milos or Jamal? I do agree that millsap’s return further complicates things. The stat that’s turning my head is how many shots he was getting up there for the stretch where he was hot. But in the same breath, the coach is making lineup changes, and I’m unsure of his outlook from here.

1 minute ago, mcflywalker said:

By this, did you mean, you don’t trust Milos or Jamal? I do agree that millsap’s return further complicates things. The stat that’s turning my head is how many shots he was getting up there for the stretch where he was hot. But in the same breath, the coach is making lineup changes, and I’m unsure of his outlook from here.

I don't trust Milos and his foot and lack of defensive stats/FG%.

23 minutes ago, BoogieNights said:

There's people out there dropping/thinking about dropping Murray?  Crazy world we live in.

Lol it’s a joke.  Guy was a top 20 player for last two months and has a mini slump and people start dropping.  A bunch of newbs if you ask me. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, chud12 said:

Lol it’s a joke.  Guy was a top 20 player for last two months and has a mini slump and people start dropping.  A bunch of newbs if you ask me. 

Top 20 for the last two months? Are you sure? Seems more like top50 for me in my league

Edited by HerrMcKenzie
19 minutes ago, HerrMcKenzie said:

Top 20 for the last two months? Are you sure? Seems more like top50 for me in my league

It was more like 6 weeks but stil.  

On 1/6/2018 at 10:57 AM, chud12 said:

“Murray has been one of the most efficient young scorers in the NBA lately with his 63.2 TS% on a 23.8 usage rate over his last 13. To put that in perspective, no other qualifier under 22 years old can even hit 60 TS% and a 20 usage rate over the last 13 games. He's been the 17th-ranked player in nine-category leagues since Dec. 1.”

Edited by chud12
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, chud12 said:

Can't bring myself to do it. For the season though, he's ranked just inside the top 100 at 97. No newbie here, being playing since Shawn Marion was the King of Fantasy Hoops.

Edited by Forever Smooth
Correction.
5 hours ago, Forever Smooth said:

Can't bring myself to do it. For the season though, he's ranked just inside the top 100 at 97. No newbie here, being playing since Shawn Marion was the King of Fantasy Hoops.

Wish you would've dropped.

C'mon guys, he's earned way more leash than 2 bad games. Lot of impatient owners in here that expect zero fluctuation out of their players. Fantasy assets go through up and downs, no matter the player.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1