NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jamal Murray 2017-2018 Season Outlook

11 hours ago, CFN said:

Wish you would've dropped.

C'mon guys, he's earned way more leash than 2 bad games. Lot of impatient owners in here that expect zero fluctuation out of their players. Fantasy assets go through up and downs, no matter the player.

Well, when a player is slumping, the one thing I look for is attempts. Maybe coach wanted go in another direction to offset. Who knows, but his attempts dropped for a stretch. Minutes were still there, so I rode it out. It was more than two games though.

35 minutes ago, Forever Smooth said:

Well, when a player is slumping, the one thing I look for is attempts. Maybe coach wanted go in another direction to offset. Who knows, but his attempts dropped for a stretch. Minutes were still there, so I rode it out. It was more than two games though.

His attempts dropped because he lost confidence in his jump shot. Towrards the end of the slump (final 3 games) Jamal was turning down tons of open looks and being very passive.  When Jamal is rolling he’s aggressive, game plan doesn’t dictate that.  

Edited by chud12
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, kane said:

anyone worry millsap return will hurt his usage?

Before millsap go down,murray wasn't perform well

He’s a completely different player now, I’m not worried at all. I think Harris takes a tiny hit in usage but that’s it.  Jokic should lose some post usage as well but it’s not like Trey Lyles hasn’t jacked shots up since Milsap has been out. 

42 minutes ago, chud12 said:

He’s a completely different player now, I’m not worried at all. I think Harris takes a tiny hit in usage but that’s it.  Jokic should lose some post usage as well but it’s not like Trey Lyles hasn’t jacked shots up since Milsap has been out. 

IMO it's pretty optimistic to say Murray won't lose some shot attempts/ball handling when Millsap comes back. Lyles doesn't start and doesn't necessarily play with Murray a lot (I'm not familiar with how minutes are staggered in Denver), so his usage isn't really indicative of much. Millsap averages 3+ assists a game which could mean many things, maybe he's just good at finding people when he has the ball OR they run some plays through him.

Of course you're right when you say he's a different player now and will def. be better than he was at the beginning of the year.

My ROS projection when millsap comes back: 17.1ppg, 2.2 3pg, 3.8apg on 46% fg among other stats. Can EASILY eclipse that, but I think it's a safe guess.