NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jamal Murray 2017-2018 Season Outlook

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 3:18 AM, tazdingo said:

Well then... call me ignorant but I don't understand why people are going nuts over him if he's the 5th-6th option in fantasy land where he could potentially not even get the 20mpg.

he is an elite shooter and does everything well, that's why. he is a high upside sleeper this year. 

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is you waiting for Mudiay to develop into a consistent point guard.   

There's people out there dropping/thinking about dropping Murray?  Crazy world we live in.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/10/15/jamal-murray-nuggets-injuries-pain-free-season/

Received corrective hernia surgery this summer and was forced to take off 4+ months from basketball. Is pain free and 100% healthy with a 30+ MPG role as the de facto ball handler in the back court of a top 5 offensive team. 

I think he will start off the season slow as he gets adjusted back to NBA speed. Remember, he was forced away from basketball for close to a quarter of a year. After the first 20 or so games, it would be a shock to not see 17-18 points a night. Jokic/Millsap/Harris and this kid are all going to eat. He can easily clear 2+ 3s a night with his talent and role. Defensively, he has a lot to learn but looks like a ball hawk in the pre season and has the potential to average 1.2-1.5 steals a game.  Assists wise, his per 36s are not impressive, but something tells me you weren't drafting him expecting 10 dimes a game. You're after the 15-18 points, on decent %s (expecting a big jump in his drives with his improved health), and the occasional 8 3's made in a game outbursts. 

Really pumped about this guy on a punt assists build. Malone's rotations are sometimes wacky and frustrating, but Murray should have no problem taking over this year.

Also, Mods – can you please correct the spelling of his name in this thread title? Should be Jamal, not Jamaal. Makes it harder to search if you don't remember.

• Like 1

My favorite day for the NBA fantasy season is the first day.

To the new guys, take with a grain of salt what a lot of reactions here are posted.

A very, VERY large amount of people on these very boards openly called into question guys like Towns and Jokic last year after slow starts. Don't feel the need to bump up old posts but you had people openly suggesting selling pennies on the dollar. 

Remember - it's a marathon and not a sprint. 

• Like 1