NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jamal Murray 2017-2018 Season Outlook

2 minutes ago, rncnomics said:

How can someone who's mentioned as such a great shooter, shoot so horribly?

Not watching the game, so i have no idea how he's getting his shots.

Prob. a combo of losing his confidence and pressing from starting, but regardless its only game 4.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is you waiting for Mudiay to develop into a consistent point guard.   

There's people out there dropping/thinking about dropping Murray?  Crazy world we live in.

calipari in the stands...
I wonder why this guy is chucking up everything.

Along with malik monk in the 1st quarter. I wouldn't be surprised with MKG starts chucking up 3s out of nowhere. 

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, rncnomics said:

How can someone who's mentioned as such a great shooter, shoot so horribly?

Jamal Murray, meet rncomics. rncomics, Jamal Murray.

He is a great shooter and a chucker. He shot 40% from the field last year. This is nothing new.

I'm liking how things have trended up for him. I picked him up without even using a waiver claim, and believe they'll sort out their offensive woes (shooting 80 shots per game this year compared to 87 per last year at this very same time) and Murray will continue to find his confidence. 

He hasn't even hit a 3 yet. That won't continue. 

12 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

I'm liking how things have trended up for him. I picked him up without even using a waiver claim, and believe they'll sort out their offensive woes (shooting 80 shots per game this year compared to 87 per last year at this very same time) and Murray will continue to find his confidence. 

He hasn't even hit a 3 yet. That won't continue. 

He hit 2 threes in the first game but yea patience is required with him. There is just to much potential for him to pop in this offense.

Edited by chud12

If you watched last nights game, you can clearly tell this guy can't play combo guard, at least not yet. He is a straight up SG playing alongside another SG Harris. It was a painful performance.

1 minute ago, bhkim814 said:

If you watched last nights game, you can clearly tell this guy can't play combo guard, at least not yet. He is a straight up SG playing alongside another SG Harris. It was a painful performance.

Everyone is struggling in that starting lu atm, Jokic has, Harris, Milsap and Chandler has been brutal. When the entire starting 5 isn’t playing well the offense is going to look broken and so far it has.

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Everyone is struggling in that starting lu atm, Jokic has, Harris, Milsap and Chandler has been brutal. When the entire starting 5 isn’t playing well the offense is going to look broken and so far it has.

I own a lot of Nuggets stock in my leagues given their offense from last year. 

Really waiting here foe their offense to click. 

2 hours ago, bhkim814 said:

That's fine. They need to start letting Millsap and Jokic be the playmakers (they're already running everything through Jokic). Murray needs to play well off-ball and look for cuts while getting himself open from deep. Harris can obviously already do that. They can play together. 

Edited by miasma16
35 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

That's fine. They need to start letting Millsap and Jokic be the playmakers (they're already running everything through Jokic). Murray needs to play well off-ball and look for cuts while getting himself open from deep. Harris can obviously already do that. They can play together. 

yeah malone has to make adjustments. Millsap really wants the ball in his hand, but he needs to realize that he isn't the best passing big man anymore. 

• Thanks 1

Lol omg.  Every thread I've visited on the first page has been drop city so far.  Do I dare go into the Cousins thread.   I see that's on the first page.  All droppables on first page I guess.

• Haha 2

I know he’s young and raw but this guy’s Bball IQ is on par with Javale McGee and JR Smith

He gets the ball and takes sooooo long to make a decision; he’s particularly bad at making an entry pass to the post (which is horrible for DEN since Jok, Chandler and Millsap post up). Also, whenever he spots up, he just rises up from wherever he is without settling his feet.

Offense looks so much better with Mudiay running the point and that’s just not a good thing if you’re a denver fan

• Like 2

I have no idea why anyone would draft Murray in fantasy. He is not a PG... I'm sorry but it's true. if you don't believe me you will see. I hope the best for him. But if  Mudiay can get it together it's lights out for Murray. He's a better passer and more athletic. Unless a trade happens I don't see either being a real option this season. 

• Like 1