NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jamal Murray 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is you waiting for Mudiay to develop into a consistent point guard.   

There's people out there dropping/thinking about dropping Murray?  Crazy world we live in.

Jamal should not be as highly ranked as some people had him in the beginning of the year. He was ranked at his ceiling of late early rounds. Shooters (Klay Thompson fr example) go into brutal slumps and Jamal just started his in the beginning of season. He won't hit 0.096 (or something before the BKN game) for the rest of the year.

That's a nice usage rate and he might fend off Mudiaye with another strong game tonight if that starting lineup clicks.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SirMixalot said:

I guess like many struggling players, all he needed was a change in scenery <_<

Or maybe he just needed a week worth of games to increase the incredibly small sample size you were basing his entire value on.

• Like 3

Happy to be wrong about Murray, I wasn't entirely sure that this year would be his breakout year but he is gonna show me wrong for sure. 

Biggest thing I'm actually surprised about is how little Murray turns over the ball for a 20-year old handling the ball a lot. Out of his three 5+ assist games he's only had 1 TO in each, and he's only had more than 1 TO twice out of 7 games. I'm excited again for the Nuggs, they could take a '16 Utah Jazz-like jump (50 wins last year) next year if not this year as long as their young pieces Murray/Harris/Jokic keep on improving.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dapro said:

I didn't realized Murray only had 21 minutes tonight. I thought ti was more with the numbers.

Thx for pointing this out, he's not always gonna drop 20 if this is the mins he gets. I'm thinking twice now. Tho I'm pretty sure es getting picked up again 

Just now, thrilla1nManila said:

Thx for pointing this out, he's not always gonna drop 20 if this is the mins he gets. I'm thinking twice now. Tho I'm pretty sure es getting picked up again 

He didn't play the entire 4th quarter, only Jokic did of the starters. The Nuggs were up by almost 30 entering the 4th. 

Coach Mike Malone said he's seen Jamal Murray's confidence has been "growing in the last four of five games" and said he's the "point guard of the future."

That's quite the vote of confidence.  Clearly Malone believes in him so I don't think we'll see those random 20 minute games occur too often anymore.  Congrats to those owners who remained patient and thanks to the owners who gave up on their 20 year old after 5 games ;)

• Like 2