Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jamal Murray 2017-2018 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is you waiting for Mudiay to develop into a consistent point guard.   

There's people out there dropping/thinking about dropping Murray?  Crazy world we live in.

Just now, DrGonzo said:

So I have this rule for my roto team. If a player sucks he sits on my bench until I see 3 good games in a row before inserting him back into the starting lineup....

 

FML. 

 

I hear ya bro.  There goes my sell-high offers

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BoogieNights said:

 

:ph34r:

This talk about Malone being a bad coach was kind of ridiculous, right? Sucks for us Murray owners, but they were in a close game, Murray was terrible and he went to guys that were playing well and got a win. Just another example of what good coaches do. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

This talk about Malone being a bad coach was kind of ridiculous, right? Sucks for us Murray owners, but they were in a close game, Murray was terrible and he went to guys that were playing well and got a win. Just another example of what good coaches do. 

 

denver has a lot of talent and malone's rotations have been a little bit better this year. defense looks more engaged as well, albeit small sample size. that being said, his refusal to run the entire offence through jokic  and continually using the jokic/plumlee still doesn't make much sense

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, taenggg said:

 

denver has a lot of talent and malone's rotations have been a little bit better this year. defense looks more engaged as well, albeit small sample size. that being said, his refusal to run the entire offence through jokic  and continually using the jokic/plumlee still doesn't make much sense

They're Top 10 in offensive efficiency and Jokic is leading the team in assists and points. They could use him a little more though, and Plumlee shouldn't ever be playing with Jokic. Calling for Malone's head as being some terrible coach just seemed like ignorance from other posters though imo. He's a pretty solid coach. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Coach Mike Malone said he'd like for Jamal Murray to close games, but he will go with the best player that gives his team the best chance to win.
Malone said that Murray had a tough game Friday on both ends of the floor, so that's why Murray wasn't out there in the fourth. It was actually Will Barton out there to finish the game after Emmanuel Mudiay had a rough five minutes. Malone also really wants Murray to get downhill and isn't worried about his shooting, and he's actually defended well this season. Whatever the case, Murray's owners should stick with him after his strong three-game run before the Friday dud.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought I won My League picking him up after My League mate dropped him to start the month, Reading posts Here and listening to Various experts.

 

Why is he good can anyone remind me? Will he even average more than 3 assists? If its just scoring and a couple of 3s at best im dropping him

Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched the game last night. Murray is at his best when he’s aggressive and he was so passive last night it was painful. He’s the starting pg so he has to take control of the team. Murray essentially gave the ball yo to Jokic or Milsap all night and just stood in the corner.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chud12 said:

Watched the game last night. Murray is at his best when he’s aggressive and he was so passive last night it was painful. He’s the starting pg so he has to take control of the team. Murray essentially gave the ball yo to Jokic or Milsap all night and just stood in the corner.  

They are at their best when Jokic and Millsap handle playmaking duties. Jamal's playmaking descisions have been pretty horrible so far, but he excels at scoring off of cuts and and spot up shooting. It's on him for not putting himself in position to do those things, as he has had his best games when he does.

Edited by bjav4282
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully Malone can work out the offense to use Murray better. Running the offense from Jokic and Millsap sounds like the best idea.

 

The good thing is that Mudiaye with his high usage rate doesn't really fit in the starting lineup.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...