Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think he proved last night he can......shoulder....the load

Waiting for other owners to drop Collins

Like LiJohn Ballins

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

I know next to nothing about this guy.  Can he play PF alongside Dedmon or is it mostly one or the other?  It seems like he's mainly an interior guy but not necessarily a defensive anchor like the coaches might want ala Dedmon?

He can absolutely play PF next do Dedmon. He has decent range, he's quick, and can jump out of the gym. He looked amazing tonight. Can't wait until they post his highlights on YouTube.

I'd add him while you can. There will definitely be some ups and downs, but you have to be pleased with what he showed tonight. The Hawks roster is somewhat depleted.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, CFN said:

He can absolutely play PF next do Dedmon. He has decent range, he's quick, and can jump out of the gym. He looked amazing tonight. Can't wait until they post his highlights on YouTube.

I'd add him while you can. There will definitely be some ups and downs, but you have to be pleased with what he showed tonight. The Hawks roster is somewhat depleted.

Thanks.  how is he defensively though?  I've read a lot about how he's meant to be an above average rebounder but how does he go as a rim protector, help defender or at the very least defending his man 1v1?  

You're absolutely right about the Hawks roster.  Looking at it and their frontcourt rotation is hideous.

7 minutes ago, Philzilla said:

This kid won't last another 48 hours on the wire in competitive leagues. Last call. 

Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer liked what he saw out of John Collins in his NBA debut.

In case you missed it, the rookie big man scored 14 points with five rebounds, one assist, two steals and one turnover in 22 minutes vs. Dallas on Wednesday. "I thought it was a good first step," Budenholzer said. "There’s things he’s going to have to work on and improve. But I just love his effort, and just his enthusiasm for getting better every day." Collins said he prides himself on "being around the basket, trying to get extra possessions, offensive rebounds, defensive rebounds, put-backs, dunks," and his energy levels will make it hard for the coaching staff to keep him off the floor.

hmmm maybe this coach wont be dumb and let his young guys play

we'll see if your right, 48 hours starts now tick tock!
17 hours ago, CFN said:

As promised

• Like 2
1 hour ago, t3ddyb34r said:

What sort of projections are we expecting from him ROS?

I'm getting a Marqueese Chriss vibe from him but wonder how he is for stocks?

They're pretty similar. Chriss is the better fantasy property until proven otherwise. As far as stocks, specifically, Collins is a bit worse, particularly in steals.

Say he gets 22mpg on the season. He'll average about 11-7-1-.5-1. Decent efficiency stats. Can't shoot. But beyond the expected good blocks and the very good rebounds, you're getting more potential out of him than someone 5-10 years older. Do with that what you will.