Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think he proved last night he can......shoulder....the load

Waiting for other owners to drop Collins

Like LiJohn Ballins

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

Why? Unless you work a job where you can't check your phone or you have a partner that needs constant attention, you should be able to make the switch if somehow he's not playing.

Atlanta game starts are 8 PM EST today. 14 teams are playing at either 7 or 7:30 PM EST today. If you have a slot that's being occupied by Collins, if news doesn't come out till after 7/7:30, you may not be able to put in another guy in. 

17 minutes ago, Apollo_87 said:

Atlanta game starts are 8 PM EST today. 14 teams are playing at either 7 or 7:30 PM EST today. If you have a slot that's being occupied by Collins, if news doesn't come out till after 7/7:30, you may not be able to put in another guy in. 

That's why you put him in the UTIL slot.

EDIT: On top of that, you'll find out at least an hour before whether he's going to play or not.

Edited by lbjames6
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, lbjames6 said:

That's why you put him in the UTIL slot.

EDIT: On top of that, you'll find out at least an hour before whether he's going to play or not.

No need to worry about it because he's probably playing anyway:

John Collins (shoulder) is listed as probable for Friday's game vs. the Grizzlies.

John Collins returned to the Hawks lineup on Thursday and finished with 15 points, seven rebounds, a steal and a block in 20 minutes off the bench. He's fully expected to play and should be ready to rock Friday night.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, bruceleroy7 said:

So fun to own this kid. Really needed his blocks tonight!

That’s the great thing about him. Only 2 points, but the 7 boards and 4 (!) blocks really help. He’s going to have his share of duds as a rookie, but he’ll have some monster lines down the line, too. He helps in every cat except assists and 3’s.  

• Like 1

I really like his style and contribution. But he is on a minute restriction thing and we need him to play above 25 minutes at least. When do you think that he will get those minutes? Last night he only played 18 minutes for example.

He’s ranked 85 BBM @ 22.8 minutes/ game.

52 minutes ago, ugr23 said:

I really like his style and contribution. But he is on a minute restriction thing and we need him to play above 25 minutes at least. When do you think that he will get those minutes? Last night he only played 18 minutes for example.

Edited by bdy1
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Portis4Potus said:

New owner, he went 6/6 on free throws. Is he good or was it a fluke ?

He shouldn't be this good, but he has a good mid range game so I am assuming he is at worst average from the FT line with room for improvement.

This guy reminds me so much of a young Amare Stoudemire

2 minutes ago, sya said:

He shouldn't be this good, but he has a good mid range game so I am assuming he is at worst average from the FT line with room for improvement.

This guy reminds me so much of a young Amare Stoudemire

I watched a lot of the game, and the Hawks commentators said he needs to work on his mid range so I don't think it's actually that good. He's also not that bad from ft% tho - 74%