• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think he proved last night he can......shoulder....the load

Waiting for other owners to drop Collins

Like LiJohn Ballins

Posted Images

Shout out to the ref who saved him from getting a turnover in the last seconds of the game. Pretty sure he told Collins to get out of the paint because you're going to get a 3 in the key.

Also, Hawks gave up 19 offensive rebounds, but they didn't think to put their best rebounder in the game. Lol ok

8 minutes ago, scienze said:

he's not consistent enough to warrant a permanent spot on a good team imo...there are a lot of marginally good players on the wire on his level.

you're right,

but his minutes are increasing and he could be much more valuable than those other guys by the time playoffs come.

12 minutes ago, scienze said:

he's not consistent enough to warrant a permanent spot on a good team imo...there are a lot of marginally good players on the wire on his level.

Ι cannot believe that in a fully active league not even one team gives a permanent spot to the 82nd ranked player that has top50 upside. There should be at least one taking the gamble. You have to be 8 or less teams and still for me he has a spot somewhere. 

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

Ι cannot believe that in a fully active league not even one team gives a permanent spot to the 82nd ranked player that has top50 upside. There should be at least one taking the gamble. You have to be 8 or less teams and still for me he has a spot somewhere. 

rankings dont mean much, most people are happy with their roster and looking for a consistent player if they do make the switch

• Like 1
On 12/31/2017 at 2:04 PM, scienze said:

You serious Clark?  He shouldn't even come close to a wire in any leagues with more than 4 teams.

Just now, BoogieNights said:

You serious Clark?  He shouldn't even come close to a wire in any leagues with more than 4 teams.

I'm in a points league. Ive held all season but he's mostly just been a waste of a roster spot. The most hes had in any week is 115 fpts. If 115 is your season high thru 11 weeks, that is not good. Like at all. 

He's been the most frustrating to own for sure besides Nurk/Kanter. The worst thing with Collins was, he finally gets the starting job, immediately picks up a minor 2 week injury, then never gets his job back. :angry:

2 hours ago, Dominator83 said:

I'm in a points league. Ive held all season but he's mostly just been a waste of a roster spot. The most hes had in any week is 115 fpts. If 115 is your season high thru 11 weeks, that is not good. Like at all. 

He's been the most frustrating to own for sure besides Nurk/Kanter. The worst thing with Collins was, he finally gets the starting job, immediately picks up a minor 2 week injury, then never gets his job back. :angry:

Ok, that makes sense in a points league.  Most posters are in category-based leagues so his FG% boost (without the FT% hit) is his best asset, along with the upside he possesses.  

I know it wasn't you that made the statement but for future purposes, if someone is going to make a bold statement they should at least provide their league settings and/or punt categories in the post.

• Like 1
On 12/31/2017 at 3:36 PM, scienze said:

rankings dont mean much, most people are happy with their roster and looking for a consistent player if they do make the switch

Season rankings, not Preseason rankings actually do mean a whole lot.  Especially Avg Rankings in a H2H league I find.  

Preseason ranks, the predictions made by "experts" are absolutely meaningless.

But AVG, per game league specific rankings are one of the best and most meaningful ways to determine quality in a H2H. 

7 hours ago, brakeyawself said:

Season rankings, not Preseason rankings actually do mean a whole lot.  Especially Avg Rankings in a H2H league I find.  

Preseason ranks, the predictions made by "experts" are absolutely meaningless.

But AVG, per game league specific rankings are one of the best and most meaningful ways to determine quality in a H2H. 

what if i told u to rank enes kanter, robert covington, john wall, steven adams, and kemba walker in order

would u take me serious if i said 

1.covington

2.kanter

3.wall

4.adams

5.walker

cause that’s how they’re currently “ranked” lol

30 minutes ago, scienze said:

what if i told u to rank enes kanter, robert covington, john wall, steven adams, and kemba walker in order

would u take me serious if i said 

1.covington

2.kanter

3.wall

4.adams

5.walker

cause that’s how they’re currently “ranked” lol

Just because they're ranked that way doesn't mean they aren't providing value. John Collins provides value in the vast majority of leagues. Your league must either have weird settings or novice fantasy basketball players. You're trying to make him seem like he's not that special when in actuality it's very rare for a rookie to post top 100 8- or 9-cat value, as a 19th overall pick, in limited minutes nonetheless. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lbjames6 said:

Just because they're ranked that way doesn't mean they aren't providing value. John Collins provides value in the vast majority of leagues. Your league must either have weird settings or novice fantasy basketball players. You're trying to make him seem like he's not that special when in actuality it's very rare for a rookie to post top 100 8- or 9-cat value, as a 19th overall pick, in limited minutes nonetheless. 

sorry dude but 11 points 7 rebounds and 1 block is not as hard to find on a wire as you’d like to think

i mean he’s a good player to own as an end of your bench big, but i’d personally rather stream that spot

• Like 1

sounds like you're in a 8 team league. good for you. most of us are in 12-14-20+ team leagues though, so we don't quite share your views on collins. for us, he's not just rosterable but also worthy of starting most of the time. his high fg% and the stocks he brings helps us big-time.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, scienze said:

sorry dude but 11 points 7 rebounds and 1 block is not as hard to find on a wire as you’d like to think

i mean he’s a good player to own as an end of your bench big, but i’d personally rather stream that spot

Are you serious?He only played like 5 games over 25 minutes and two matches over 30 min.Lets take a look

vs Spurs 21 pts 9 rebounds 83 % from the field with two blocks

vs Clippers 14 points 10 rbds 78% fga 4 steals 3 assists

If you can find that upside on the wire great,maybe it could be M.Chris who knows

42 minutes ago, scienze said:

What size league are you in damn. I aint finding that type of production on my waiver.

51 minutes ago, scienze said:

Possible it depends on your team build - but in the last 30 days -  11pts on 60%, decent FT% (although not great since coming back from INJ), 7.5 rbd, 2 ast, 0.7 stl and 1.6 blks, with 1.2 TO a game is pretty valuable and the upside for more mins and role that most streamers don't have. 

He is 87 ranked in last 30 days on yahoo 9cat - if he was making a few more of his FT he'd probably move up quite a few spots. 

I'd rather he be on my team - but if I could stream him in and out, I would - not an option in my 12 team league.

Edited by okrabrinjal
added quote