Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think he proved last night he can......shoulder....the load

Waiting for other owners to drop Collins

Like LiJohn Ballins

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Gdupm6 said:

Is he rosterable in 10 team leagues? 

Depends who you are dropping for him, but in a 10 team league would think you'd have some pretty decent players on your wire, right?

5 minutes ago, mjp90 said:

Depends who you are dropping for him, but in a 10 team league would think you'd have some pretty decent players on your wire, right?

I'm in several settings, some of which are 10 teamers. I can say that while there are some gems in the waiver wire, the majority are SG/SFs. The PGs and PF/C guys with a glint of upside still get taken, even in 10 teamers.

Just now, mcflywalker said:

I'm in several settings, some of which are 10 teamers. I can say that while there are some gems in the waiver wire, the majority are SG/SFs. The PGs and PF/C guys with a glint of upside still get taken, even in 10 teamers.

I think its really up to you at the end of the day. I'm getting mixed signals from people about Collins, some saying its just 1 game, he wont get mins etc, others saying hes an instant pick up. I guess we have to consider what leagues those people are in too right? cos if they are in a 8 man league or whatever then obviously he isnt the flashiest pick up. I reckon if you really want him go for it, but dont cut someone who is proven in a 10 man league just yet. I cut Leuer for him.

1 minute ago, mjp90 said:

I think its really up to you at the end of the day. I'm getting mixed signals from people about Collins, some saying its just 1 game, he wont get mins etc, others saying hes an instant pick up. I guess we have to consider what leagues those people are in too right? cos if they are in a 8 man league or whatever then obviously he isnt the flashiest pick up. I reckon if you really want him go for it, but dont cut someone who is proven in a 10 man league just yet. I cut Leuer for him.

I wasn't the original poster who asked, but I'm sure he'll appreciate the input.

After a good first showing, and the coach's praise, I'm hoping for a bump of 3 or so minutes. I've been reading here and there about the lack of shooting outside of Schroder (and Bellineli's hit or miss outbursts). 

5 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

I wasn't the original poster who asked, but I'm sure he'll appreciate the input.

After a good first showing, and the coach's praise, I'm hoping for a bump of 3 or so minutes. I've been reading here and there about the lack of shooting outside of Schroder (and Bellineli's hit or miss outbursts). 

Guess we gotta take a wait and see approach, but I definitely think he is worth nabbing just to see how it pans out. I mean surely Ilyasova wont be starting for much longer...

13 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

7 minutes ago, mjp90 said:

Guess we gotta take a wait and see approach, but I definitely think he is worth nabbing just to see how it pans out. I mean surely Ilyasova wont be starting for much longer...

Appreciate your guys input.  

1 hour ago, Tom Chambers said:

Chriss has no fundamentals, Collins has all fundamentals.  Chriss' game depends on athleticism and while Collins has some, his game is not dependent on it.

I don't think they're all that similar.

Obviously I'm talking about their fantasy numbers.

19 minutes ago, mackdonald said:

He was dropped in my 14 team league. I’m probably going to burn my no.8 waiver on him dropping J. green. 

That should tell tell you how I feel about Collins 

Picked him up in my 14 team 9 cat roto league for Leuer. Hoping he will be decent. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, mjp90 said:

Collins should eventually place himself in the starting lineup once Ilyasova trips over himself. Collins showed some life during preseason and he's pretty versatile on a team that has little to no talent, so I can see him getting in the 24-28 minute range.

24 minutes ago, adithmuluk said:

I dropped Dieng for Collins, hoping this would be a good move... 12 team Yahoo! H2H season long...

I swear every year people drop Dieng early, and every year he makes them regret it

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Quazza said:

I swear every year people drop Dieng early, and every year he makes them regret it

It's justified this time around. Thibs loves himself some Taj and Bjelica's role might increase as the season goes along because he is a nice complement stretch 4 next to Towns. Bjelica's best position is at the 3 though, but that's getting off topic.

Collins will probably see 10+ more minutes than what Dieng will see all season. Not that Dieng will need alot of minutes to return top 75 value, but he just won't see it.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Trench Mob said:

It's justified this time around. Thibs loves himself some Taj and Bjelica's role might increase as the season goes along because he is a nice complement stretch 4 next to Towns. Bjelica's best position is at the 3 though, but that's getting off topic.

Collins will probably see 10+ more minutes than what Dieng will see all season. Not that Dieng will need alot of minutes to return top 75 value, but he just won't see it.

I concur...

12 hours ago, mcflywalker said:

I'll bet booker is out there in 10 teamers if you want a PF/C...I'd go with him. He has nothing but a fairly useless big Russian in his way who doesn't fit what the coach wants from his team. Collins could really break out in the 2nd half though. He looks good

14 minutes ago, Jake the snake said:

I'll bet booker is out there in 10 teamers if you want a PF/C...I'd go with him. He has nothing but a fairly useless big Russian in his way who doesn't fit what the coach wants from his team. Collins could really break out in the 2nd half though. He looks good

Yeah, Booker is there in 10 teamers, but we mustn’t forget that he plays for the Nets. And last season, they were sketchy as all hell with their lineups. Booker was rested at random points, as was Lavert and other guys. You never know with The nets.

33 minutes ago, Jake the snake said:

But T. Booker is only listed as PF in my Yahoo league. Collins is listed as PF/C which was a big reason why I grabbed him. 

• Like 1