NBC Sports Edge Forums

John Collins 2017-2018 Season Outlook

9 hours ago, scienze said:

lol u and every1 else in this thread acting like they hit a goldmine by picking him up

He will come back.

I dont understand why some people like you don't see he has the potential to be a very decent fantasy player this year.

After the ASB, he should play a lot more minutes like he did when he started. By the ATL will be in "tank mode".

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think he proved last night he can......shoulder....the load

Waiting for other owners to drop Collins

Like LiJohn Ballins

Posted Images

4 hours ago, j3rkthenurk said:

He will come back.

I dont understand why some people like you don't see he has the potential to be a very decent fantasy player this year.

After the ASB, he should play a lot more minutes like he did when he started. By the ATL will be in "tank mode".

potential is one thing .. in this thread, cats acting like he’s already there lol

• Like 1

@scienze so what is your agenda here? I admittedly havent read through the entire John Collins thread. But are you on a one man crusade to fight back against the Collins apologists or something?  Do you own the guy on your team? Whats your vested interest here? Did you miss out on him? Or rather drop him and someone else grabbed him and you cant get him back? I guess I dont get why you care so much.

3 minutes ago, BrewCityBBQ said:

@scienze so what is your agenda here? I admittedly havent read through the entire John Collins thread. But are you on a one man crusade to fight back against the Collins apologists or something?  Do you own the guy on your team? Whats your vested interest here? Did you miss out on him? Or rather drop him and someone else grabbed him and you cant get him back? I guess I dont get why you care so much.

He's being negative...Collins doesn't have to be there, he's only a rookie. The fact that we have seen him have numerous games of multiple blocks and steals, and uber high FG%, means is is worth holding. I'm willing to put up with little cold streaks like this, because I've already seen a sizable track record of his production. Hold tight y'all, there aren't many players with his upside on the wire, unless Bell and Chriss have been snatched up already. I have Chriss myself. 

2 minutes ago, OKCFan2005 said:

I'll take Collins over Chriss. 10 teamer 9 cat 1 IL spot

The jury is still out on that one. After how Chriss has been playing these past 5 games, I would take Chriss. Collins is limited in that he doesn't shoot 3's. Chriss gives you the stocks while also making 3's. That's a rare skill set to find in the league today, let alone fantasy. 

2 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

The jury is still out on that one. After how Chriss has been playing these past 5 games, I would take Chriss. Collins is limited in that he doesn't shoot 3's. Chriss gives you the stocks while also making 3's. That's a rare skill set to find in the league today, let alone fantasy. 

True, good points. I just like the fact that Collins is still (barely) back from injury and doing what he's doing, even though their is some inconsistency there. ATL has no one...(Baze?)  Phoenix needs to trade some people to make me trust Chriss game more. Minus the last 5 games he's been way more inconsistent (season) than Collins has

22 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

14 minutes ago, OKCFan2005 said:

True, good points. I just like the fact that Collins is still (barely) back from injury and doing what he's doing, even though their is some inconsistency there. ATL has no one...(Baze?)  Phoenix needs to trade some people to make me trust Chriss game more. Minus the last 5 games he's been way more inconsistent (season) than Collins has

The Hawks are 10-27. There will come a point this season when Collins will start and will become a more featured player. Chriss has more talent, but Collins seems be a much better basketball player with a higher BB IQ. I own both in a keeper league so I hope they both do well, but I would put my money on Collins in the long term over Chriss. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, miasma16 said:

Last night he sucked in a close game, was really bizarre that people were lobbying so hard for Bud's head and more minutes for Collins.

Still needs more time for his development and for a team like Atlanta that is all they can ask for.

Playing Plumlee minutes is a crime. 

So some say "Collins playing a lot could ruin a tank, he's that good....so they don't play him a ton" ..some say " hey look how bad Collins did, that's why he doesn't play."   So which is it?  Truth be told they aren't ready to completely let him play through his growing pains. 

Um yeah it’s time to drop. He is complete and utter garbage!!!!!!

No, seriously he is a hold for sure. I would just bench him (Roto) before ever thinking about dropping. Defensive stats are still there so offensively our FG% beast will get it back up. Too much talent not to.

But what sucks is right before the injury he was starting. Really halted his momentum. Hopefully he gets to start again soon.

On 1/3/2018 at 10:39 AM, BrewCityBBQ said:

i posted about how i was using him as a streamer and a buncha dudes in here acted like i was insane for not holding lol

i just find it funny how guys get so invested in hot free agents they picked up who end up being borderline rosterable

1 hour ago, scienze said:

i posted about how i was using him as a streamer and a buncha dudes in here acted like i was insane for not holding lol

i just find it funny how guys get so invested in hot free agents they picked up who end up being borderline rosterable

You're not insane but maybe a little impatient yeah. The long term outlook of Collins is great despite the little struggles here and there.

And if you think today's game from Collins is crappy, I will take 7 pts 5 rebs 2 steals 1 block from an FA any day in a 12 team league.

1 minute ago, jamaal99 said:

watch a game for godssake

You'll be happy to know that I'm watching Suns OKC at a bar. Just not watching the Hawks hence the question :)

We can't watch all the games at once, good thing there's helpful people like Hardyharhar

6 minutes ago, hardyharhar said:

he got smacked in the mouth and was bleeding

Thanks bro!

• Like 1