NBC Sports EDGE Forums

John Collins 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Hopefully we see some hope with more than 8 minutes tonight. He will be on my bench until I know it’s safe to put him back in again. Dropping him in Roto specifically would be a ridiculously stupid move.

P.S. Hawks front office - No one wants Miles Plumlee. Playing him won’t help. He’s garbage. The league knows it and they know his contract. Sorry. You are stuck with him, but don’t punish John for that though. Play your future.

Thanks

Sincerely,

An eager John Collins fantasy owner

• Haha 1

oh man. instead of continuing to improve, the rook has actually regressed and reverted to his old habits. the hawks has done an awful job building their prized rookie's confidence. and it's not like they had plenty of building blocks to groom either. coach bud is a great fit for middling teams fighting for PO berth/seeding, but a terrible fit for a rebuilding, tanking team.

• Like 1

Just now, rameshdataya said:

oh man. instead of continuing to improve, the rook has actually regressed and reverted to his old habits. the hawks has done an awful job building their prized rookie's confidence. and it's not like they had plenty of building blocks to groom either. coach bud is a great fit for middling teams fighting for PO berth/seeding, but a terrible fit for a rebuilding, tanking team.

I put him on the trading block, and I’m getting 0 interest. Thanks Bud for you’re inept coaching!

maybe Bud realized if he played Collins they would win, they are tanking of course so why do that. and here I am thinking i got the better end by trading away favors for him( before gobert came back and got injured again.). first few weeks yes, but now, smh

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Xmantt said:

maybe Bud realized if he played Collins they would win, they are tanking of course so why do that. and here I am thinking i got the better end by trading away favors for him( before gobert came back and got injured again.). first few weeks yes, but now, smh

collins is not going to make them win any more games

23 minutes ago, rameshdataya said:

Yea man. I get that Bud wants to lose games, but you don't sit your young potential studs to up your odds of losing. Your supposed to develop them not bench them. Can only imagine what Collins thinks of all this while he's rotting on the bench watching scrubs play over him

• Like 1

We just gotta be patient guys, they're probably just showcasing illyasova cuz they tryna trade him once January 15 hits. Hopefully after that happens scrubs like miles plumlee and muscala will be glued to the bench where they belong and collins and dedmon can be unleashed 

17 minutes ago, Xmantt said:

wins against dallas, washington and miami say otherwise, he didn't have a great game in those but he contributed better than this.

he played 24, 22, and 18 minutes in those games. he still plays in that range of minutes (well i thought sort before last game)

Edited by hardyharhar

Solid hold. Minutes are obviously frustrating, but I fully expect him to be unleashed post trade deadline. Not like you're gonna get value for him in a trade. Don't be impatient and drop talent, unless you are falling out of playoff contention. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ak427 said:

Solid hold. Minutes are obviously frustrating, but I fully expect him to be unleashed post trade deadline. Not like you're gonna get value for him in a trade. Don't be impatient and drop talent, unless you are falling out of playoff contention. 

Or if there is a better player on the wire...the talent is there, but he can't change the inept coaching staff. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

Or if there is a better player on the wire...the talent is there, but he can't change the inept coaching staff. 

True. Really depends on league size. I'm in a 14 teamer so the wire is bleak for me. 

• Like 2

I want to hold desperately in my 10Team punt assists but he's also droppable for talent like Mike Beasley (who's great for my build if he can sustain value when THJ gets back) or a flyer on Jabari Parker (coming back before all star break and good playoff schedule). Any thoughts?

9 hours ago, royalm said:

I want to hold desperately in my 10Team punt assists but he's also droppable for talent like Mike Beasley (who's great for my build if he can sustain value when THJ gets back) or a flyer on Jabari Parker (coming back before all star break and good playoff schedule). Any thoughts?

Honestly if Beasley and/or Jabari Parker were available in my league, I would drop Collins for either. 

11 hours ago, ak427 said:

I agree. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, adithmuluk said:

Honestly if Beasley and/or Jabari Parker were available in my league, I would drop Collins for either. 

Parker is likely a better player but won't he be on a minutes restriction when he comes back? It's the NBA where healthy players get days off and are on minutes limits. Collins is on a bad team that is in full tank mode. I think it 's more likely he earns a spot in the starting lineup at some point and a significant minutes increase. 

As for Beasley. No thanks. I am a Knicks fan and while it seems counter-intuitive, the return of Tim hardaway will significantly impact Beasley's production. No, they don't play the same position, but the Knicks lack players that can create their own shot (especially late in games) which is forcing Hornacek to rely more on Beasley. When Hardaway comes back, there will be less of a need to force Beasley on the court late in games.