Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think he proved last night he can......shoulder....the load

Waiting for other owners to drop Collins

Like LiJohn Ballins

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, kawaiileonard said:

Collins reminds me of Marquese Chriss, the body build, the play style. 

I can see that. I think that Collins already has a more refined offensive game than Chriss however. I think that Chriss will eventually bring more D-stats but needs to play well enough to stay on the court. Collins is already there offensively and has a better shot at an all-around fantasy game.

1 hour ago, lbjames6 said:

I like Mr. Collins...I drafted him. Although I think people are getting a little too excited. I hope he gets minutes earlier than expected but I wouldn't count on it.

Same here, also drafted but not expecting a ton to start the season. My league is 12 team roto and starts 12 (2 PG, 2 SG, 2 SF, 2 PF, 2 C and 2 Utility) so lots of players and hard to find guys at end of lineup that won't hurt you in any categories. Collins seems to fit the bill, so starting him now even though his numbers won't jump out. Anywhere close to what he got first night and I'll be happy.

He gets slack from having to fight Dwight today. Still, he did foul out which could mean he's also capable of getting his minutes reduced if he ends up in foul trouble. Someone to definitely monitor and hold on to at the moment.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Letitbe793 said:

He is going to be an absolute force come fantasy playoff time. Was debating between him and  Kanter on my wire but see his upside being much higher later in the season. 

too bad my 9 cat roto league dont have playoffs haha.. Oh well I still grabbed him anyways..

i already swapped out Dedmon for Collins. I noticed that the Hawk's rotation is Dedmon<->Collins and Ilyasova<->Muscala. It sucks dropping Dedmon because I like his versatility but if Collins is the one subbing in for him, he'll be at a pinch for minutes by season's end unless Collins takes away from Ilyasova instead.

I swear to god I'm never playing in a league shallower than 14 teams next years. Just too many waiver guys I want but with no one to drop.

As someone said, when/if Atlanta is out of the playoffs I can see Collins beasting and giving steady top 80 value which would be incredible. 12ppg - 9rbg - 1,5 blocks post ASB is that too optimistic?

Edited by Saltgurkan15
  • Like 3
12 minutes ago, Saltgurkan15 said:

I swear to god I'm never playing in a league shallower than 14 teams next years. Just too many waiver guys I want but with no one to drop.

As someone said, when/if Atlanta is out of the playoffs I can see Collins beasting and giving steady top 80 value which would be incredible. 12ppg - 9rbg - 1,5 blocks post ASB is that too optimistic?

Also more money in the prize Pool.  16 teamers are ideal imo. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Tom Chambers said:

I think the blocks might be a tad high but not by much.  BBM is projecting 13/9 and 1.1.

He went for 1.6 last year at Wake and I can't imagine him blocking NBA players more than college kids but you never know.

Hey you never know, man. I bet a lot of people said the same thing about Whiteside not becoming a block machine in the NBA after swatting away floaters from chinese players in the CBA 5.1 times per game, and look what happened there :P 

1 hour ago, StifleTower2 said:

Also more money in the prize Pool.  16 teamers are ideal imo. 

Not to go entirely off rails here, but our league is in love with the (i know, inferior) snake set-up. And to be honest I kind of like snake draft myself, and a snake draft with more than 12 teams would suck for the guys in the back end.