Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think he proved last night he can......shoulder....the load

Waiting for other owners to drop Collins

Like LiJohn Ballins

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, brosephd said:

whats the issue here preventing the breakout...minutes, foul trouble, usage?

Just wait for trades to happen my man. They are showcasing their other bigs who should be on the move soon.  Hold tight young padiwon. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, brosephd said:

whats the issue here preventing the breakout...minutes, foul trouble, usage?

The foul trouble issues that he had earlier in the year seem to have gotten better so that's good.  The issue seems to be his usage.  Never good to see 24 minutes and only take 5 shots with a 10.9 Usage Rate.  In fact, in their last 5 games he's taken only 24 total shots, less than 5 per game.  He just isn't involved in the offense right now and his best opportunity to score right now might be up to him by collecting offensive rebounds.  

Like everyone else, I'm still expecting a big 2nd half once the deadline passes so he's more of a stash right now while his minutes hover in the 20-24 range.

Horrible game.  I watched most of it and the problem really is how he is being used on offense.  Unless he is in the lineup as a center (which usually happens near the end of each half) he is situated on the three point line on offense with some pnr action though he usually isn't the primary screener.  Yesterday was even worse because the Celtics went big with Baynes and Horford and he was tasked with essentially keeping Baynes away from the boards and let one of his teammates get it.  I would chalk yesterday up to matchup issue but, generally, unless trades are made in the next week, gonna be tough to hold down the stretch.  That said, we gotta wait till at least the deadline and, even then, it might be the case that they expand his minutes down the stretch as they seemed to do with Taurean down the stretch of last season.  

11 minutes ago, kane said:

So tired and frustrated holding this dude

Thinking of making the switch to Allen if my waiver claim comes through. If nobody gets moved by deadline i'll most likely drop.... or possibly wait until the week post all star break

9 minutes ago, kane said:

So tired and frustrated holding this dude

I have been holding to JC forever, and I think maybe a little too long. 

What I mean is many of us might look at the All-Star break as a mid point, but in reality by February 19th,  it's actually NEARLY 75% NBA season out of the way. THAT MEANS AT THAT POINT, THERE IS ACTUALLY ONLY 2 WEEKS LEFT BEFORE FANTASY NBA PLAYOFFS STARTS. So basically we hold on to "potentials" until there is about 2 weeks to go and that simply isn't a wise bet. 

With that said, I have held him for too long and will not drop him. Fingers crossed until trade deadline and hope he will play more.

14 minutes ago, NBA_OG said:

I have been holding to JC forever, and I think maybe a little too long. 

What I mean is many of us might look at the All-Star break as a mid point, but in reality by February 19th,  it's actually NEARLY 75% NBA season out of the way. THAT MEANS AT THAT POINT, THERE IS ACTUALLY ONLY 2 WEEKS LEFT BEFORE FANTASY NBA PLAYOFFS STARTS. So basically we hold on to "potentials" until there is about 2 weeks to go and that simply isn't a wise bet. 

With that said, I have held him for too long and will not drop him. Fingers crossed until trade deadline and hope he will play more.

But he hasn't been a nobody like Allen so far. Yes maybe after all Allen helps more down the stretch but so far one is ranked 85th and the other 181st. Collins surely HAS produced so far. The annoying thing is that the potential is sky high but Bud dicks around. 

17 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

But he hasn't been a nobody like Allen so far. Yes maybe after all Allen helps more down the stretch but so far one is ranked 85th and the other 181st. Collins surely HAS produced so far. The annoying thing is that the potential is sky high but Bud dicks around. 

Dynasty gold and post asb gold.  Unleashed,  Collins will dominate 

24 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

Yes he has been decent. But could I have streamed players who would've provided more output during this time? Possibly. 

I think a good lesson for me is this- if I had a knock-out draft, then I would consider more "potentials" holds. But let's say I had a mediocre draft (like this year) and need to fight my way into the top seed, then I shouldn't be holding too many potential players. 

I am currently 4th and fairly solid playoff position. But for future seasons, I would have to look to see whether not holding on to potentials, for their possible "playoff contributions" is really worth gambling on potential of having a top seed (1st or 2nd place with first week bye) by streaming. 

I don't get why people are really upset. He'll be phenomenal come post ASB they'll give him alot of burn and hell be vital come playoff time!

Unless theirs a guy like Allen left on the board I don't see why you'd WANT to drop Collins.

3 hours ago, NBA_OG said:

Yes he has been decent. But could I have streamed players who would've provided more output during this time? Possibly. 

I think a good lesson for me is this- if I had a knock-out draft, then I would consider more "potentials" holds. But let's say I had a mediocre draft (like this year) and need to fight my way into the top seed, then I shouldn't be holding too many potential players. 

I am currently 4th and fairly solid playoff position. But for future seasons, I would have to look to see whether not holding on to potentials, for their possible "playoff contributions" is really worth gambling on potential of having a top seed (1st or 2nd place with first week bye) by streaming. 

It's a good lesson. I don't stash anybody in H2H (which has come back to bite me before). Every roster slot you have should be actively used at all times, whether you're streaming or not. I'm only playing roto this year and have had Collins all year. And he should probably have been owned in H2H leagues too, but obviously the value of a guy like Ben Simmons is affected a great deal from one fantasy league to another. Roto owners of Collins and H2H owners of Collins are in very different spots.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

It's a good lesson. I don't stash anybody in H2H (which has come back to bite me before). Every roster slot you have should be actively used at all times, whether you're streaming or not. I'm only playing roto this year and have had Collins all year. And he should probably have been owned in H2H leagues too, but obviously the value of a guy like Ben Simmons is affected a great deal from one fantasy league to another. Roto owners of Collins and H2H owners of Collins are in very different spots.

Yes. And league format would need to be considered as well. Holding on to players with potential is reasonable for those "dynasty league". In my case, where we start anew every season, potentials' value really need to be evaluated closer.

Edited by NBA_OG
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

With the Hawks sitting Belinelli because they are about to trade him, I am starting to worry Illy and/or Undertaker is not going to get traded and then Collins won’t get unleashed.

Hawks, please, I am begging, trade one of them as well and start Collins! :)

I don't even think it matters. Once there's no reason to showcase those guys and the true bottom drops out,  Collins will feast post deadline/asb

47 minutes ago, MynameisMudd said:

I don't even think it matters. Once there's no reason to showcase those guys and the true bottom drops out,  Collins will feast post deadline/asb

34 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

Even if they don't trade anyone I cannot believe how Collins doesn't get more playing time. And where did that block go? They took it away.

Hopefully y'all are right and the wait pays off. Plumlee’s bum a** getting any minutes is criminal.

Man. This thread won’t stop. People won’t give up!  I hope none of you have actually needed production from his roster spot. 

No smart coach is in a hurry to throw a raw 19 yo rookie center out there for 25-30 minutes/game....even tanking. That’s not necessarily good for Collins’ development. 

By March, he may get up to 25 minutes or so—depending on injuries and trades. But I can’t believe some are still saying “Just wait until...” in anticipation for a breakout. 

Edited by BrotherMouzone
8 minutes ago, BrotherMouzone said:

Man. This thread won’t stop. People won’t give up!  I hope none of you have actually needed production from his roster spot. 

No smart coach is in a hurry to throw a raw 19 yo rookie center out there for 25-30 minutes/game....even tanking. That’s not necessarily good for Collins’ development. 

By March, he may get up to 25 minutes or so—depending on injuries and trades. But I can’t believe some are still saying “Just wait until...” in anticipation for a breakout. 

10/7 with a block on solid %s isn't production? Not everyone here plays in 10 team leagues. If it was Isaac I would agree that you cannot just say wait until, but Collins is ALREADY a top100 player. Maybe someone needs to attach it on the top of every page of this topic.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, BrotherMouzone said:

There are plenty of other rookies playing 25-30 min, why would JC be incapable? Your statement is pure bs

• Like 4