Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think he proved last night he can......shoulder....the load

Waiting for other owners to drop Collins

Like LiJohn Ballins

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ROTY said:

There are plenty of other rookies playing 25-30 min, why would JC be incapable? Your statement is pure bs

1.  Not what I said. I said that it’s crazy to think that playing a raw, 19 (edit 20) year old PF/center tweeter is a priority this year for a coach. Didn’t say he’s incapable. Hell, I literally said he may get 25 minutes by March. But you are crazy if you think Bud has “Get Collins more minutes” written as a priority. Most of Collins’ development will come in practice and the offseason.

2. Regardless, let’s take your point anyway. 

-Plenty?  There’s 8...and this is one of the deepest draft classes in a long time. Pretty much all of the rookies playing that much are older and/or guards or wings. The one big (Lauri) can shoot. 

Transitioning to the NBA is extremely hard for younger big guys and getting 25-30 minutes is rare. Most of the ones that did have had more skill and/or size than Collins. Collins is a project, and it may be that Bud does not feel like throwing him in the fire for more than low-20s minutes most nights is beneficial for his development or the franchise if he has bodies to run out there. 

2 hours ago, RipCity0 said:

10/7 with a block on solid %s isn't production? Not everyone here plays in 10 team leagues. If it was Isaac I would agree that you cannot just say wait until, but Collins is ALREADY a top100 player. Maybe someone needs to attach it on the top of every page of this topic.

Referring more to people expecting a breakout from where he is now. He’s still on my team, and I’m fine with that. In h2h, the one night a week I may need him, he does enough and he has some potential for upside. I don’t need much from that roster spot.

I’m just not expecting the 27-30 min/game explosion, and it’s funny to me that people have been holding him in anticipation of that since November. 

Edited by BrotherMouzone
1 hour ago, BrotherMouzone said:

But you are crazy if you think Bud has “Get Collins more minutes” written as a priority.

Seems like a massive overstatement. Collins is the youngest player on the team and one of their players. You'd have to be stupid not to consider getting Collins more minutes a priority. Jury is out on that one for Bud. We'll see after the break.

1 hour ago, BrotherMouzone said:

Collins is a project

I agree with most of the rest of your post, but this is simply incorrect. In spite of being buried on one of the worst teams in the NBA, Collins has been a positive contributor. He's a solid at worst defender, and his per-36s are great overall, and especially in rebounding, FG%, and points (for a big). It was blatantly obvious from watching him in Summer League that he was ready to contribute immediately, which is why a lot of people (myself included) have had him since our fantasy drafts.

You're making an argument that his minutes will be lower than plenty of people here expect. You may well be right, as many people in player threads range from overzealous to ridiculous when discussing guys they own. But as has been pointed out, his minutes are irrelevant. Dude is a must-own player in standard roto in 22 mpg, for starters.

Just now, lethotjames said:

where are the supposed hawks deals

They did get rid of Babbitt who could play PF.    But that's all I've heard.  I think regardless,  the hawks let Collins loose to finish the season.  The trades would have just made it more apparent

• Thanks 1
Just now, MynameisMudd said:

They did get rid of Babbitt who could play PF.    But that's all I've heard.  I think regardless,  the hawks let Collins loose to finish the season.  The trades would have just made it more apparent

Usually a ton of deals come in 3-330pm from what I remember though. 

1 minute ago, wideopen21 said:

I read the other day that ilyasova has a no trade clause which he may be using to force them to buy him out so he can choose the team he goes to.

Collins owners should still have hope. 

Ersan wanted to stay in ATL... for whatever reason.

6 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Image result for oh well gif

I dunno why y'all sad. He's going to get increased time. You would be more satisfied with trades made but they aren't going to cage him up for the remainder of the season,  we'll see him get time

Edited by MynameisMudd
  • Like 1
Just now, MynameisMudd said:

I dunno why y'all sad. He's going to get increased time. You would be mite satisfied with trades made but they aren't going to cage him up for the remainder of the season,  we'll see him get time

gonna write the exactly same thing

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, MynameisMudd said:

I dunno why y'all sad. He's going to get increased time. You would be mite satisfied with trades made but they aren't going to cage him up for the remainder of the season,  we'll see him get time

I wouldn't put it past ATL to do something stupid.

• Like 1

Not to worry guys, I would bet $ on the fact that 1 or more Hawks (Belinelli, Ilyasova, Plumlee, etc.) will be bought out or just not played as much now that they're not auditioning them for the market. Multiple teams are rumored to not have made moves because of how good the FA/buy-out market is going to be this year. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, krupocin said:

Not to worry guys, I would bet $ on the fact that 1 or more Hawks (Belinelli, Ilyasova, Plumlee, etc.) will be bought out or just not played as much now that they're not auditioning them for the market. Multiple teams are rumored to not have made moves because of how good the FA/buy-out market is going to be this year. 

Exactly this 

16 minutes ago, JoeNoIngles said:

I think they are done showcasing plumlee and dedmon. Collins should be getting 30+ going forward.

Hawks play tonight. Would love to see an announcement that Collins is starting, but not holding my breath because there was very little justification for not starting him the last couple of months.