Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think he proved last night he can......shoulder....the load

Waiting for other owners to drop Collins

Like LiJohn Ballins

Posted Images

3 hours ago, brosephd said:

hold until trade deadline, hold until ASB, hold until off season, no but really... i dont blame collins just the situation of bud. and i dont want to premature drop to see him blow up on someone elses team

Yeah, post-deadline, Collins still gets 20 mins, vs Ilyasova's 26 on the worst team in the league. Collins is sadly losing his appeal, because of this ridiculous situation.

1 hour ago, NBA_OG said:

I am still holding on but just fyi everyone- currently we are on week 17 and for those who are in h2h, playoffs starts on week 22.

Just saying. 

I’ve got him in a keeper league so holding regardless but ya for those redraft/single season formats it’s gonna be a tough hold. 

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, ragrag said:

I’ve got him in a keeper league so holding regardless but ya for those redraft/single season formats it’s gonna be a tough hold. 

He’s really not a tough hold at all unless you’re in an extremely shallow league or one with a lot of inactive teams in which case strategy probably isn’t as important as health. He’s a top 100 player who despite his dud last night generally puts up solid lines. If you’re relying on him, a guy who was basically drafted in 0 fantasy leagues, as one of your key guys that’s a problem in the first place either because you lost half your team to injury or drafted really badly in the first place.

I am a little surprised the Hawks are still playing their irrelevant guys so much but you gotta think it’s much less likely for him to hit the rookie wall Bc of this. Think about all the rookies in past years who put up solid # in the fantasy playoffs on bottom 10 teams who start to rest their vets. I see Collins as a guy who you can use end of your bench as a serviceable fill in until that part of the season happens. The benefit is that you can actually hold him without worrying about someone else grabbing him like you would with other young guys who aren’t producing enough yet. I have him in Keeper and a competitive 12 team redraft and have never thought once about dropping him.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, krupocin said:

He’s really not a tough hold at all unless you’re in an extremely shallow league or one with a lot of inactive teams in which case strategy probably isn’t as important as health. He’s a top 100 player who despite his dud last night generally puts up solid lines. If you’re relying on him, a guy who was basically drafted in 0 fantasy leagues, as one of your key guys that’s a problem in the first place either because you lost half your team to injury or drafted really badly in the first place.

I am a little surprised the Hawks are still playing their irrelevant guys so much but you gotta think it’s much less likely for him to hit the rookie wall Bc of this. Think about all the rookies in past years who put up solid # in the fantasy playoffs on bottom 10 teams who start to rest their vets. I see Collins as a guy who you can use end of your bench as a serviceable fill in until that part of the season happens. The benefit is that you can actually hold him without worrying about someone else grabbing him like you would with other young guys who aren’t producing enough yet. I have him in Keeper and a competitive 12 team redraft and have never thought once about dropping him.

Exactly. If I dropped him in my 14 team league, he would get scooped up so fast I wouldn't even have time to blink. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, brosephd said:

hold until trade deadline, hold until ASB, hold until off season, no but really... i dont blame collins just the situation of bud. and i dont want to premature drop to see him blow up on someone elses team

It's always been after the break, that's what coaches always wait for in theee situations. If he's not getting big minutes out of the gate at that point it's not gonna happen. 

Again, Top 90? on the year so there's no need to break a sweat about it. He's set and forget for the most part. 

I think we all expected John Collins to go through the exact transition Jarrett Allen is going through. It baffles me that the tanking Hawks have not started him since his injury, but I see him getting a very solid run post ASB. However, that may not be enough for a lot of the leagues that have early playoffs.

8 hours ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

I think we all expected John Collins to go through the exact transition Jarrett Allen is going through. It baffles me that the tanking Hawks have not started him since his injury, but I see him getting a very solid run post ASB. However, that may not be enough for a lot of the leagues that have early playoffs.

It's funny how I own both anticipating at least one to snap.... But unfortunately both aren't getting enough shine

23 hours ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

It baffles me that the tanking Hawks have not started him since his injury...

That's the problem, though. The premise that Collins will "break out" is based on the belief that every coach thinks that just throwing a young guy out on the floor to play big minutes is the best thing for his development. That is not always the right move, especially for a big guy who has to get used to the physicality of the NBA and the wear and tear over an 82-game schedule.

14 minutes ago, ejaggit said:

Drop city anyone? 

If Hawks want to rebuild and Plumlee out, there is one more player that shouldn't be in the starting- Ersan aka Ghostface Ilya. 

Post all-star will be the time for me to decide. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, NBA_OG said:

If Hawks want to rebuild and Plumlee out, there is one more player that shouldn't be in the starting- Ersan aka Ghostface Ilya. 

Post all-star will be the time for me to decide. 

Yeah. You're right. I'm just scared though. Dwight Powell is on the WW and obviously Dirk gets big rest come playoff time

22 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Really tired of seeing the same post over and over again. If you want to drop a rookie that's been a Top 100 player on the season, stop talking about it and do it.

Umm.. I was asking what people thought? Glad to know your stance on it. Lol.

Edited by ejaggit
1 hour ago, miasma16 said:

Really tired of seeing the same post over and over again. If you want to drop a rookie that's been a Top 100 player on the season, stop talking about it and do it.

rankings? who goes by rankings!? 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, ejaggit said:

Yeah. You're right. I'm just scared though. Dwight Powell is on the WW and obviously Dirk gets big rest come playoff time

Collins has the upside in blocks. For my team's build, I need to win blocks so it'd be my preference of Powell. 

Can also consider Bam Abadeyo. Collins' minutes is really out of our control but my line is post all star break.