Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think he proved last night he can......shoulder....the load

Waiting for other owners to drop Collins

Like LiJohn Ballins

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Chrizz said:

10/7 with 1.2 blocks on 58 fg% in 22 minutes. I doubt there are better bigs on most ww in comp leagues. Minutes should still trend up even if hes not starting. Ez hold in standard leagues.

Same here. Held onto him for all this time since early Nov. 

11 hours ago, ROTY said:

TBH he's being averaging 23min over the last month and it's possible he plays a few more minutes maybe 25-26 the rest of way which probably still warrants a hold.

Well the only reason he's averaging 23 mins in the past month (vs his regular season 22) is because he played 31 mins in the last game before ASB, where they rested 5 starters. His playing time is pretty much constant all year, I don't think Atlanta management is capable of understanding that tanking teams usually increase the minutes of their rookies/young guys towards the end of the season, and for a good reason. Average age of Top-150 players in the league consistently gets younger every month.

And then, you know, there's the worst team in the league who is still playing their vet 28 mins at the expense of their rookie lolz

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Chrizz said:

10/7 with 1.2 blocks on 58 fg% in 22 minutes. I doubt there are better bigs on most ww in comp leagues. Minutes should still trend up even if hes not starting. Ez hold in standard leagues.

He's outside top-100 in the past month, and for a good reason: Atlanta is experimenting with him to increase his range and add variance to his style of play, as you can see here: 

https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2018/2/20/17029358/john-collins-atlanta-hawks-all-star-break-rookie-development

Which is good for his development, but as a result his efficiency is suffering, and the minutes are not there to make up for it. He's still rosterable, but his upside is essentially gone with Atlanta not buying Ilyasova out and not shaking their lineup. The upside is what made Collins appealing. He's essentially a glorified Ed Davis now.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, rush007 said:

He's outside top-100 in the past month, and for a good reason: Atlanta is experimenting with him to increase his range and add variance to his style of play, as you can see here: 

https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2018/2/20/17029358/john-collins-atlanta-hawks-all-star-break-rookie-development

Which is good for his development, but as a result his efficiency is suffering, and the minutes are not there to make up for it. He's still rosterable, but his upside is essentially gone with Atlanta not buying Ilyasova out and not shaking their lineup. The upside is what made Collins appealing. He's essentially a glorified Ed Davis now.

ahahahaha

glorified Ed Davis 

NIIIICCCCCCCCE

:lol:

He fits my punt assists build very well. I drafted him and haven't dropped since week one, keeping the course and waiting for his explosion games to give me extra juice in stocks and FG% when my main guys (AD, Jrue, Beal, and Butler) are underperforming. I'm currently first with a 10 game lead over everyone in my league so I really so no reason to drop. Obviously if you're clutching for air and trying to make playoffs, the recent news about Collins not starting means you won't get the desired level of impact for YOUR team. 

he only plays Friday for the remainder of this week and he'd by on my bench that day

He's not playing enough  and they are playing him in a less efficient manner.

Since i am in a pool of 6 guys for the last two playoff spots, i decided to drop him. 

35 minutes ago, tesla said:

he only plays Friday for the remainder of this week and he'd by on my bench that day

He's not playing enough  and they are playing him in a less efficient manner.

Since i am in a pool of 6 guys for the last two playoff spots, i decided to drop him. 

Please keep us posted on your next move.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
26 minutes ago, mmcc1029 said:

Please keep us posted on your next move.

you can pm me if you need help but that's not the intention here.

I'm commenting on why he has little value for this week, ie that he has a bad schedule and that he

should have lower efficiency.

And adding that it might be different for those who are already locked in to their playoffs.

Rush007' link was useful to my decision.

8 hours ago, rush007 said:

8 hours ago, cdd10 said:

or by picking up guys at the right time. 

This. I cant tell you how many times I've picked up a player "ready to break out" just to drop him back to the wire because it wasnt his time yet. Happened to me with Brogdon last year. I think half of my league had him rostered for a week early on and then dropped. Finally he has that triple double game last year and boom he's gone on someones permanent roster for the year. A lot of times early on its difficult to get a guy at the right time. But after the ASB things become a little easier since teams will start tanking and playing their youth.