NBC Sports Edge Forums

John Collins 2017-2018 Season Outlook

I used to think snake sucked, but it’s grown on me a little.  Takes less time than auction and is a different beast requiring different skills.  I still prefer auction but my leagues are split about 50/50.  It does suck being 14th or 15th in a sixteen team snake though. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think he proved last night he can......shoulder....the load

Waiting for other owners to drop Collins

Like LiJohn Ballins

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Saltgurkan15 said:

I swear to god I'm never playing in a league shallower than 14 teams next years. Just too many waiver guys I want but with no one to drop.

As someone said, when/if Atlanta is out of the playoffs I can see Collins beasting and giving steady top 80 value which would be incredible. 12ppg - 9rbg - 1,5 blocks post ASB is that too optimistic?

To combat this I changed my leagues bench size a few years ago...increased it from the default 3 spots to 5 and added two IR spots. It's basically a standard 14 teamer when you do the math. The waiver wire right now is pretty barren :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

Where in the ATL Fantasy Ranks do y'all think Collins lands by January?

Here's mine (disclaimer OREBs and 2x2s are cats in my league)

1)Schroeder

2)Collins

3/4) Baze/Prince

5) Dedmon

1. Schroeder

2. Collins

3. Prince

4. Baze

5. Dedmon

1 hour ago, StifleTower2 said:

I used to think snake sucked, but it’s grown on me a little.  Takes less time than auction and is a different beast requiring different skills.  I still prefer auction but my leagues are split about 50/50.  It does suck being 14th or 15th in a sixteen team snake though. 

You are really going through a fantasy existential crisis this season huh?

Its ok man, you can miss on Gorgi Dieng and still win.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Man, he needs to be set free... Much respect for Budenholzer as a coach but he needs to get this guy quality minutes and just speed up the growth of this young team. It's hard to do worse than building a core from Schroeder, Collins and Prince.

3 minutes ago, TheOneAboveAll said:

As much as we owners want him to get more minutes, his foul rate is pretty high. His playing time, for the most part, will be dictated by his ability to not commit fouls in a short span.

I agree, I believe his minutes will increase as the season progress. 

6 minutes ago, Gdupm6 said:

I just don't get it, ATL needs scoring and Dedmon hasn't even scored 1 pt smh 

They also need defense and interior defending because their opponents are putting up 110+ points on them so far this season.  

I presume Collins isn't much of an interior presence on defense.  It's the only reason why I can think of Dedmon getting the nod over Collins.

Edited by ComeOnAndSlam
  • Like 1