NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Rajon Rondo 2017-2018 Season Outlook

ballr3

• 3 weeks later...

Ride while he's hot, for sure, even in 10 teamers. In a 12, picked him up ONLY because I really needed steals. I also need rebounds and he has been providing it in a big way from a G spot. He barely gets to the line so don't let his Ben Wallace impression scare you off.

18 hours ago, Gdupm6 said:

Dudes been playing lights out... Must own in 10 team leagues?

Ranked outside the Top 130 in every time frame on Y!'s ranking pages. Must own? Absolutely not, especially this late in the season. Really glad I get my assists from good fantasy players and don't have to hurt myself in 7 categories by owning Rondo. 

34 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Ranked outside the Top 130 in every time frame on Y!'s ranking pages. Must own? Absolutely not, especially this late in the season. Really glad I get my assists from good fantasy players and don't have to hurt myself in 7 categories by owning Rondo. 

last 4 games he avg 12.3 pts 11.5 assist 7.5 rebs 1.3 triples and 0.8 steals... who is better then that ? especially off the WW

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Hm.. while not an elite fantasy player anymore, he has been averaging a double double (11/10) for the past 15 games or so. This is factoring in how he was ejected after 5 minutes or so in one game and those numbers got averaged in. 

Yes, his FTs are terrible and he shoots around 1 a game. TOs are also a bit high, but at a 10 dimes per game his AST/TO ratio is actually elite (top 4 in the NBA for qualified PGs). And he's kicking in roughly 1 3PM a game as well, while shooting close to 49 from the field these past 15 games. In most leagues he is as close to must own as it gets. If you've got a stud dime producer like Jokic/CP, those guys could've been packaged in a deal that could win you a league (Davis/Greek/etc.) and you wouldnt suffer in the assist department if you had  Rondo. I'd say in 8 man leagues or less, where you have under 115 players rostered or so, Rondo is expendable since your team would most likely be flushed with high usage passers already. But in most 12-14 man leagues, he should be picked up! 

• Like 1