NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Rajon Rondo 2017-2018 Season Outlook

ballr3

48 minutes ago, brosephd said:

as long as it was away from the cancerous kings.

He was fantasy gold on the kings haha

Rondo threads always make me laugh because too often the first pages are filled with so much negativity. But those who have owned rondo know that he provides and leave the doubts aside. I wrote somewhere in here before he played that Rondo is my golden goose, I’ve drafted him every season and haven’t lost in the leagues I managed to get him.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, megaplayboy said:

i'll take those TO's all day for this kinda line

Are you punting TOs? :P

6 hours ago, mcflywalker said:

He was fantasy gold on the kings haha

Rondo threads always make me laugh because too often the first pages are filled with so much negativity. But those who have owned rondo know that he provides and leave the doubts aside. I wrote somewhere in here before he played that Rondo is my golden goose, I’ve drafted him every season and haven’t lost in the leagues I managed to get him.

Hopefully that extends to all of us Rondo owners! :D

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, brosephd said:

i always liked rondo cause i knew he can get gaudy assists, rebounds, steals. i think his stigma just lies on his bad ft% and to's and thats why people rank him lower 

It's the volatility over the past 4 years. It is tough for people to go back to the well on a guy that has burned them in the recent past. His FT% is on such low volume that it isn't that big of a deal. It is the low 3's (improving), %'s (on low volume), and points that people can't get past, especially in his down moments with the Bulls and Mavs. That makes people overlook his potential to cat kill assists while throwing in strong boards and steals. It all comes down to team build strategy with Rondo. He isn't right for every build and every league setting. 

29 minutes ago, brosephd said:

i always liked rondo cause i knew he can get gaudy assists, rebounds, steals. i think his stigma just lies on his bad ft% and to's and thats why people rank him lower 

He often doesn't return value on his ADP, simply by looking at his overall 9-cat line. I'm in a roto league with IR spots and thought he was a steal and a half this year though.

And as I've said a few times in this thread, your worst case scenario with Rondo is always that you can sell him for more than he's worth because assists are so hard to get off the wire. 

49 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

He often doesn't return value on his ADP, simply by looking at his overall 9-cat line. I'm in a roto league with IR spots and thought he was a steal and a half this year though.

And as I've said a few times in this thread, your worst case scenario with Rondo is always that you can sell him for more than he's worth because assists are so hard to get off the wire. 

Based on observations in this thread, in that he mostly got drafted very late/not drafted at all, he's definitely returning reams of value this season! B)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ragrag said:

anyone watching tonight?  Why Rondo getting 17 min to Nelson's 26?

We saw Coach Rondo out there to help decide who closed. Coach Alvin Gentry said he tried to sub Rondo in late, but Rondo told Gentry to leave the group that was on the floor in the game because they were hot. Rondo has been very productive as the starter, he's making his shots and he's not going to the line, so his fantasy owners have to be pleased so far. Although, he may be close to peaking and Rondo not even going back in on his own accord is interesting.

More: Will Guillory on Twitter

(Rotoworld.com)

Damn that's annoying. Self-sabotage, although it doesn't FULLY explain the lack of minutes.

Edited by LuSamSiam

1 hour ago, LuSamSiam said:

We saw Coach Rondo out there to help decide who closed. Coach Alvin Gentry said he tried to sub Rondo in late, but Rondo told Gentry to leave the group that was on the floor in the game because they were hot. Rondo has been very productive as the starter, he's making his shots and he's not going to the line, so his fantasy owners have to be pleased so far. Although, he may be close to peaking and Rondo not even going back in on his own accord is interesting.

More: Will Guillory on Twitter

(Rotoworld.com)

Damn that's annoying. Self-sabotage, although it doesn't FULLY explain the lack of minutes.

He did come back from injury recently and play 40 odd mins the game before.

I'm happy he played 18 mins. At least he is taking precautions. Same cant be the same for AD who I also have on my fantasy team :/