NBC Sports Edge Forums

Darren McFadden 2017 Season Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season 2019 automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

With all the Zeke turmoil buzzing, this guy is starting to gain some buzz. Gone are the days where you could get him in the 18th round of high-stakes 12 team PPR drafts, but is he a value even in the 10th-11th rounds?

A Cowboys columnist ominously tweeted this today:

I would grab Darren McFadden in the 6th/7th round of your fantasy leagues.8:55 PM · Jul 17, 2017

What are people's views on McFadden's prospects for 2017? He's not even 30 years old yet and is a season removed from rushing for more than 1,000 yards.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Didn't know where else to put this.  But jesus some guys just can't handle retirement i guess.   https://www.yahoo.com/sports/wild-video-reportedly-shows-darren-mc-fadden-drive-into-a-whatab

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

Sooo....  5th round for 8 weeks of high RB2 play?  4th?  

Not sold on the high RB2 play. The O Line has two holes in it now and it was said on the last On The Couch podcast that the depth behind the starters is pretty thin. The Boys also have a much tougher schedule this year than last. Other than 1 good year (or was it half a year?) with the Raiders and 1 good 3/4 of a year with the Boys (when their stud O Line was fully in tact) DMC just hasn't been that good or durable.

I guess he could be a high RB2 but not sure I want to spend a 5th or even an 8th honestly on an uncertain 8 week rental that vaporizes come playoffs.

If Zeke is indeed out 6 weeks, it could be great for him, but as others mention, they've still got Alfred Morris and Rod Smith.  But really, Alfred Morris?  Talks a week or two ago were that he might not even make the roster.

I think he's totally worth a late round pick for a 6 week stretch if indeed he is going to be the workhorse.  How many of your picks from round 5 and on bust?  Take a look at your drafts from recent years, there will always be tons of "what was I thinking?" garbage.  If I could get Zeke and then pick up DMC, I think I actually would be ok with that.  That's only assuming DMC could have RB2 value.

15 hours ago, burninglegs said:

Perfect RB zero candidate this year. Assuming Zeke owner in your league doesn't overpay for him. Ride him for 6 weeks and then find a new treasure. 

Yup. A shrewd zero RB drafter won't let him get past rd 5 after starting WR-WR-WR-WR. 3 more games of starting than DWill had last year. 

Edited by joshua18

Let somebody else over pay for McFadden.  The Dallas O line isn't as good, McFadden is 30 and very injury prone, it will probably be a 3 head RBBC and Dallas faces extremely tough run defenses the first 5 games (Giants, Broncos, Cardinals, Rams and Packers).  

Edited by mmcalli884
6 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Yup. A shrewd zero RB drafter won't let him get past rd 5 after starting WR-WR-WR-WR. 3 more games of starting than DWill had last year. 

Round 5 is too rich for me and that is a bit too high imo. 

Just now, psygolf said:

I'm thinking they will be trading for a rb that will end up being the guy to own.

Yeah, because they have absolutely no holes on defense that need attention more than replacing a cheap three-down RB who already knows their system and is a season removed from rushing for 1000+ yards for them...

8 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Yeah, because they have absolutely no holes on defense that need attention more than replacing a cheap three-down RB who already knows their system and is a season removed from rushing for 1000+ yards for them...

Funny that you're not predicting an injury for McFadden...odd actually.

The Zeke-McFadd-Morris juggle is best left for someone else in your league to deal with...as a non-owner, all you'll need to worry about is one owner that has the deck stacked against him half the season.

Those are better odds than trying to survive the suspension if you decide to draft him with a starter pick.

All this talk about Morris looking good is laughable, it came in the first preseason game against what accounts to basically to a college team. He should look good in the HOF game when a majority of starters don't touch the field, I think it's more alarming a 6 year veteran played almost the entire first half of the HOF game. I would draft zeke at the round 2/3 turn and Mcfadden at the 6/7 turn. Morris and Smith will be non factors provided health and we can't really predict injuries no matter how injury prone a player is. I think the NFL is going to offer Zeke 4 games in the appeal process and if he accepts he accepts but I think this one is going to court too so the 6 game suspension will more than likely be at the beginning of next season. Now all we can do is come up with a catchy name that ends in gate for this upcoming drama.