NBC Sports Edge Forums

Darren McFadden 2017 Season Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season 2019 automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Didn't know where else to put this.  But jesus some guys just can't handle retirement i guess.   https://www.yahoo.com/sports/wild-video-reportedly-shows-darren-mc-fadden-drive-into-a-whatab

Posted Images

1 minute ago, ColoWrex said:

Oppps.  I apologize.  I thought this was the Derrick Henry thread.

The Alf and DMC threads need to be combined because everyone is saying the same thing anyway.

"Do you know who is gonna start?"

"Nope, do you?"

"Nope"

Rinse and repeat for two weeks.

2 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

The Alf and DMC threads need to be combined because everyone is saying the same thing anyway.

"Do you know who is gonna start?"

"Nope, do you?"

"Nope"

Rinse and repeat for two weeks.

If we are all lucky (I don't care either way) one of these guys will take the job the first week.  That way those of us on the wrong side can drop and move on.

1 hour ago, martinjlm said:

Yahoo:

Alf has a 75000 greater team add than DMC so far. 

YaHell magick foosball as a barometer? the site that caters mostly to work/family/4H leagues?  where drafters take kickers in the first round?

meh, i'll take it for what it's worth -  nothing.

that being said ...

both were pretty much rostered across my three leagues already ... the only dangling 'Poke RB was DMac, and he was snagged by the Zeke owner shortly after the news broke.  that particular cat doesn't have Alf, so, the DMac spec was more out of necessity, if not obligatory.

i personally think DMac is the way to go in ppr - but, wtf do i know?  prolly as much as y'all - nothing.

3 hours ago, martinjlm said:

Yahoo:

Alf has a 75000 greater team add than DMC so far. 

Yep and Alf has also been dropped 6000 times compared to McFadden being  dropped over 10000 times.  Not to mention Zeke being dropped in the thousands.  Hard to read in to those numbers on that site when hundreds of  people are dropping the likes of Bell and Brady on a daily basis.  It's fine to see the trend but I'd throw the numbers off a cliff.  Same with percentage owned BS.

I think DMC is the guy. He should be cut long time ago if they don't have a plan for him, aka subbing for Zeke's RB1 role. They're not gonna keep a dude (a 4th RB) around and have him inactive for the entire year for absolute no reason. If he was a backup's backup they could cut him, and resign some other plodder (or him again) when everything is in motion.

Edited by the holy one
8 hours ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Kerwyn williams made the roster over CJ for special teams reasons. Morris doesn't play special teams. 

This is what people trying to draw a parallel between the Arizona and Carolina(last year) situations aren't getting. The guy who was playing as backup on those teams played special teams. In Carolina I'm pretty sure Fozzy Whitaker chips in on special teams and Artis-Payne doesn't, so CAP wasn't active until Stewart got hurt.

Morris doesn't play special teams, nor does DMC. For this reason they couldn't have them both active. There is no reason to have Morris active over DMC aside from being the backup RB. That said, DMC will definitely be active while Zeke is out and I do expect a split of some sort, although it seems like Morris will get first shot.

'member Cook going down, and everyone touting Murray? (some said McKinnon, but Murray was by far the choice of the 'crowd')

think we see it again right here ...

Alf = Murray 

DMac = McKinnon

let's play some magick foosball!1!!1! 

?????

7 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Think about it like this........why would they keep him all this time? He is there for a reason and maybe this is the reason. 

That's kind of what I've been thinking. I mean... what do they need a 30 year old RB hanging on their roster if they didn't have some sort of plan for him? Would they have kept him around to be a change of pace back to Alfred Morris if Zeke is out? My guess is no.

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

'member Cook going down, and everyone touting Murray? (some said McKinnon, but Murray was by far the choice of the 'crowd')

think we see it again right here ...

Alf = Murray 

DMac = McKinnon

let's play some magick foosball!1!!1! 

?????

lol

2 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

That's kind of what I've been thinking. I mean... what do they need a 30 year old RB hanging on their roster if they didn't have some sort of plan for him? Would they have kept him around to be a change of pace back to Alfred Morris if Zeke is out? My guess is no.

In case Zeke gets suspended and Morris needs a breather