NBC Sports Edge Forums

Darren McFadden 2017 Season Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season 2019 automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

30 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

That's a very narrow view IMO... Morris is not garbage.  I'm a Redskins fan, so I watched every down Alf played for us.

Limited skill set? Sure.  He can't catch and he's not gonna take an 80 yarder to the house.  But he is a very capable downhill runner and he knows how to follow his blocks, which fits nicely with what dallas does well.

Also, come on... it's not like McFadden is Bo Jackson.  Morris had a good preseason and its possible he just got rewarded for it.

His YPC has steadily decreased every year. He was pretty solid when he was on the Redskins (3-5 seasons ago) but now?  DMC hasn't shown much lately due to lack of PT, injuries etc... but does that warrant being 'inactive'? Which is why I mentioned the rumors of DMC on the trading block.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Didn't know where else to put this.  But jesus some guys just can't handle retirement i guess.   https://www.yahoo.com/sports/wild-video-reportedly-shows-darren-mc-fadden-drive-into-a-whatab

Posted Images

“We just felt like as we went through training camp and preseason that Alfred deserved this opportunity first,” Garrett said in his post-game presser. “That’s no slight on Darren McFadden. We have a tremendous amount of confidence hin him. But we just felt like if we’re going to have three running backs up, we wanted Alfred Morris to be one of them.” Apparently the same goes for Rod Smith who also saw the field Sunday night, albeit in a special teams role.

4 minutes ago, Pigskingpin said:

At this point I hope he gets traded to an RB needy team so he can play a bit before his career is over. Morris backs up Zeke well and it's useless to have McFadden around. 

I was just thinking to myself it is interesting that McFadden was a surprise scratch just hours after DJ goes down....I ain't saying, I'm just saying....

• 2 weeks later...

Morris didn't even play a single snap last game. Some people here are beating the drum pro Morris, but I just don't see it. Really doesn't matter who's active and who's not. Bottom line is both will see carries if Zeke misses time, and whoever gets hot will be the back to own. Best case scenario either Morris or DMC run away with the job. Worst case it turns into an ugly timeshare.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, jdbob11 said:

Why is everyone thinking that a guy who has been a healthy scratch every single game is the RB1 now?

Because the team has been resting him knowing that Zeke would probably be suspended at some point this season

2 minutes ago, jdbob11 said:

Why is everyone thinking that a guy who has been a healthy scratch every single game is the RB1 now?

Popular theory is they were expecting the suspension to come down later and didn't want to take any chances but honestly no one knows. It's not like Morris has been doing much besides that long run on a busted play. DMC is just as good of a spec add as Morris at this point. 

2 minutes ago, jdbob11 said:

i read somewhere that mcfadden skillset fits more with what zeke brings to the team, and how the OL works and this kind of things..

and morris is the kind of bruiser back to change the pace and will remain with that role..

but... really dont know what to expect 

1 minute ago, konstao said:

i read somewhere that mcfadden skillset fits more with what zeke brings to the team, and how the OL works and this kind of things..

and morris is the kind of bruiser back to change the pace and will remain with that role..

something like this .. when CAP was inactive and Fozzy Whitaker was like Alf Morris role

James Koh Retweeted Ian Rapoport

I know McFadden has been inactive but like we saw last year in CAR with Artis-Payne, when Stewart went down CAP started..

Just now, konstao said:

Yeah you can't really go off of the official depth chart for things like this. I mean, look at the Aaron Jones situation as a perfect example. It's strange that we haven't been hearing ANYTHING about who they plan on using though... a lot of the experts seem to think DMC but there's not been any good reports that I have seen.