NBC Sports Edge Forums

Darren McFadden 2017 Season Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season 2019 automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Didn't know where else to put this.  But jesus some guys just can't handle retirement i guess.   https://www.yahoo.com/sports/wild-video-reportedly-shows-darren-mc-fadden-drive-into-a-whatab

Posted Images

A team that is 2-3 is sitting the 2nd most talented RB on their team just in case the RB1 has his suspension upheld?  I dont buy it, if hes the true RB2 behind Elliot he'd have been playing.  the Cowboys arent going to have a losing record just to keep a back up fresh in case Elliot has to sit. 

Just now, jdbob11 said:

A team that is 2-3 is sitting the 2nd most talented RB on their team just in case the RB1 has his suspension upheld?  I dont buy it, if hes the true RB2 behind Elliot he'd have been playing.  the Cowboys arent going to have a losing record just to keep a back up fresh in case Elliot has to sit. 

What’s not to get? Morris is a change of pace back.  Many teams do this. 

1 minute ago, jdbob11 said:

Why not?? Injury prone mcfadden, keep him caged up then release him wild and fresh on beat up teams half way into the season.

1 minute ago, iheartrubio said:

Cameron Artis Payne.  It’s exactly what’s going on here. 

Except that's a difficult comparison. Normally you want your 1st and 2nd down back to be more of a bruiser. Fozzy is a shifty scat-type back so he doesn't make sense to run between the tackles. There's no way he would ever be anything more than a 3rd down/passing down back. Alf/DMC situation is way different

Just now, CABLE87 said:

Why not?? Injury prone mcfadden, keep him caged up then release him wild and fresh on beat up teams half way into the season.

ice cold injury prone player - that first hit is gonna hurt 

Just now, iheartrubio said:

What’s not to get? Morris is a change of pace back.  Many teams do this. 

Except Morris isn't a change of pace back at all. McFadden fits that role better. Morris is a bruiser. He's not fast. Doesn't catch out of the backfield. It's not like Carolina at all. Elliot is a true workhorse. The backup stays fresh no matter what. Morris has what like 8 carries all year? I'd get the keeping McFadden fresh excuse if the Cowboys backup was seeing 6-8 carries a game. McFadden would have been a better 3rd down RB/adds more versatility behind Elliot than Morris does yet Morris was the backup. Morris has been getting all the reps. McFadden will have some rust. 

IMO Morris is the 2 down banger, McFadden will be the 3rd down back and get some early down work occasionally. It'll be a split. 

Just now, TwoCan Sam said:

Except that's a difficult comparison. Normally you want your 1st and 2nd down back to be more of a bruiser. Fozzy is a shifty scat-type back so he doesn't make sense to run between the tackles. There's no way he would ever be anything more than a 3rd down/passing down back. Alf/DMC situation is way different

It’s a great comparison.  Morris was #2 because he was a change of pace back to McFadden.  Just like Fozzy to Stewart. 

3 minutes ago, jdbob11 said:

Why would you activate Zeke, Morris, Smith and Mcfadden in the 53 man roster? That is 4 rbs active on gameday and zeke, mcfadden and morris dont play special teams.

Mcfadden is not going to be active when smith plays special teams and morris is the backup.

With zeke gone everything stays the same you jist plig DMC in for zeke, alf stays the backup and rod smith 3rd string

Just now, ArmLikeACannon said:

Except Morris isn't a change of pace back at all. McFadden fits that role better. Morris is a bruiser. He's not fast. Doesn't catch out of the backfield. It's not like Carolina at all. Elliot is a true workhorse. The backup stays fresh no matter what. Morris has what like 8 carries all year? I'd get the keeping McFadden fresh excuse if the Cowboys backup was seeing 6-8 carries a game. McFadden would have been a better 3rd down RB/adds more versatility behind Elliot than Morris does yet Morris was the backup. Morris has been getting all the reps. McFadden will have some rust. 

IMO Morris is the 2 down banger, McFadden will be the 3rd down back and get some early down work occasionally. It'll be a split. 

He was a change of pace back to Elliott.  Not sure how that’s debatable. 

2 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

But Morris hasn't been playing. I think that's what people are missing. McFadden could have stayed fresh as the backup RB. He just would have got more reps with the O-Line, and been more ready. It makes sense for the Cowboys to have the RB they want to start if Elliot gets suspended dressed. Have him ready, no need to worry about injuries because you know Elliot is a bellcow that's doing all the work. 

2 minutes ago, ArmLikeACannon said:

But Morris hasn't been playing. I think that's what people are missing. McFadden could have stayed fresh as the backup RB. He just would have got more reps with the O-Line, and been more ready. It makes sense for the Cowboys to have the RB they want to start if Elliot gets suspended dressed. Have him ready, no need to worry about injuries because you know Elliot is a bellcow that's doing all the work. 

right and what if Zeke went down in the 1st qtr of a game - wouldn't you want your primary back up ready to go ... 

anyways I'm ready for both players to be barely flexable, just enjoying the Zeke owner butt hurt. 

Edited by JSA2422
2 minutes ago, iheartrubio said:

It’s a great comparison.  Morris was #2 because he was a change of pace back to McFadden.  Just like Fozzy to Stewart. 

I'm saying when Stewart got hurt Fozzy was never going to be put into the 1st/2nd down role because he doesn't have the skillset/build of an RB used in that role. In this scenario Alfred has the skillset/build of an RB used in that role (see his time in WAS as example). That's what I meant by this is a difficult comparison

just happened to start lunch break right as news was breaking. Dropped D/ST's and scrubs, and added both in every league avail.

I don't think either will be more than a low end RB2 at any point... but I plan on taking advantage of this fortuitous lunch break by trading them to a desperate Zeke owner.

Fantasy football can really turn you into an a-hole, can't it? :lol: