NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Kyle Kuzma 2017-2018 Season Outlook

21 minutes ago, HarmStrong said:

or

maybe

lopez is helping him get those boards like he did for nance :blink:

Lopez is good at boxing out his man but he doesn't jump fast that's why the guy playing with him always gets the rebs. 

Btw another double double for kuz!

11 minutes ago, samer42 said:

Not sure if you all have noticed this, but Randle and Clarkson really don't like our man Kuz (on the court at least).

Yeah, my brother in law also noticed it too. He said that they ignore Kuzma when in the court. hmmm

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, samer42 said:

Not sure if you all have noticed this, but Randle and Clarkson really don't like our man Kuz (on the court at least).

Very interesting observation. Perhaps this "I will take over the team mentality" doesn't suit well with the veterans. Afterall, if Kuzma does well, then their playing time will be in question. Plus JC and Randle are both scorers, and would certain prefer to play with facilitators like Ball. 

24 minutes ago, samer42 said:

Interesting.  I noticed that too. Maybe they don't like that he took Randle's minutes or that he is getting the spotlight. But as long as kuzma gets around 10 to 12 shots and at least 30 mins per game he'll be fine I think. 

Notice it on the court when they freeze him out and when a play breaks down. Most explicitly tonight, Kuzma nearly had a turnover inbounding the ball with seconds left in the game and Randle and Clarkson had a really peculiar exchange on the bench. What I'm 100% positive of though is that Clarkson and Randle are buddy-buddy and that's why they constantly turn to that disastrous PnR whenever they're in the game together. Kuzma will still get his, but his production is definitely being capped right now so long as he's sharing the court with these guys. 

On 10/19/2017 at 9:39 PM, LosingEffort said:

Drop city as I always said 

Next future: Larry Nance will play 30 minutes every night because of his defense and Randle playing time will increase when He full full recovers from injury 

So Kuzma is just GLeague material like I always said 

Drop city, G-League material. Just like you always said.

"LosingEffort". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Pracis said:

Now that Nance is practicing again, how does Kuzma look?  It seems like Walton will keep him in the second unit because of "fit" with the starters?

I don't think nance will affect him at all. He was already playing big minutes even before nance got injured. 

• Like 1

man... if a nun played for the lakers she would avg more steals than this guy :(.

last week, 52/73, 2 3s, and 24/7/2 but still ranked outside of the top 100.

last 2 weeks, 45/79, 1.4 3s, and 18/7.5/1.5 and ranked outside of top 150...

i love the points, but damn... this guy went to college at DeMar DeRozan Academy, majoring in Harrison Barnes, minoring in TJ Warren, graduated Summa Cum Laude with Distinctions from the school of Eddy Curry

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, bearlucked said:

man... if a nun played for the lakers she would avg more steals than this guy :(.

last week, 52/73, 2 3s, and 24/7/2 but still ranked outside of the top 100.

last 2 weeks, 45/79, 1.4 3s, and 18/7.5/1.5 and ranked outside of top 150...

i love the points, but damn... this guy went to college at DeMar DeRozan Academy, majoring in Harrison Barnes, minoring in TJ Warren, graduated Summa Cum Laude with Distinctions from the school of Eddy Curry

First world problems. Some of us out there find our stocks elsewhere while waiting for this rookie to potentially round out his .......fantasy game.  His defense actually isn't that bad in the RL, where there is no lag.  

• Like 1