NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kyle Kuzma 2017-2018 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, bearlucked said:

man... if a nun played for the lakers she would avg more steals than this guy :(.

last week, 52/73, 2 3s, and 24/7/2 but still ranked outside of the top 100.

last 2 weeks, 45/79, 1.4 3s, and 18/7.5/1.5 and ranked outside of top 150...

i love the points, but damn... this guy went to college at DeMar DeRozan Academy, majoring in Harrison Barnes, minoring in TJ Warren, graduated Summa Cum Laude with Distinctions from the school of Eddy Curry

He plays good d. Doesn't really gamble much for steals and doesn't really attempt to block that much, only challenges well with his hands up. I'll take 20 pts, 2 to 3 3ptm, good fg% and the occasional double digit rebounding from someone I drafted with my last pick in a 12 team league. I know we all hope he could provide more but I ain't complaining. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Down goes the hype train

Ahhh, we're getting closer to Anthony Randolph fever now.   That's more like it.   "Ceiling is Magic, floor is prime Anthony Mason."

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, night said:

He plays good d. Doesn't really gamble much for steals and doesn't really attempt to block that much, only challenges well with his hands up. I'll take 20 pts, 2 to 3 3ptm, good fg% and the occasional double digit rebounding from someone I drafted with my last pick in a 12 team league. I know we all hope he could provide more but I ain't complaining. 

Same, last pick of my draft. Dude is a gem

3 minutes ago, night said:

What's the first

Some dummy dropped Harris at the beginning of the season when he got injured. I was worried about the # of mouths to feed in Denver and opted to burn my #1 waiver to stash Lavine who was also dropped.

1 hour ago, LuN said:

Some dummy dropped Harris at the beginning of the season when he got injured. I was worried about the # of mouths to feed in Denver and opted to burn my #1 waiver to stash Lavine who was also dropped.

Gary Harris? Jesus. He was only out 2 games and he’s borderline elite 

• Like 1
On 11/22/2017 at 12:51 AM, LuN said:

I dropped this kid before the Lance injury..smh...my 2nd dumbest move of the season

It wasn't a dumb move. You couldn't have predicted that Lance would break a bone in his hand. No need to feel bad... Also, I'd say Lavine isn't a bad stash even if you had to give up picking up Gary Harris. I'm predicting both Gary & Lavine are going to average 3rd rounder stats (14 teamer). If Gary gets more touches and keeps up his high efficiency and low turnovers, he may even crack 2nd round. I'm alittle worried about Lavine because he's coming back from an ACL injury. Jabari came back with a vengeance but he had more time to recover. 

Guys i wonder. Is Kuzma a sell high right now with Nance coming back soon? I am not saying that he is gonna take back the starting spot from Kuzma but this is not good news to say the least. I got an offer for Rubio and im about to accept it. Which players would you target for Kuzma?

46 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

You got offered Rubio for Kuzma? Unless you're punting assists and/or steals, you have to take that. 

Hmmm not so sure about that.  Depends on league settings and your team build, because that is a drastic swing in fg%.  Kuzma is a fg% anchor whereas Rubio single-handedly forces you to punt it away.

21 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Hmmm not so sure about that.  Depends on league settings and your team build, because that is a drastic swing in fg%.  Kuzma is a fg% anchor whereas Rubio single-handedly forces you to punt it away.

No he doesn't. He doesn't take enough shots for it to be that big of an impact. My team on the season is at 47%, last week they shot 48.8% and this week there's sitting at 51%, on a punt points team where FG% is volatile due to lower volume. Not trying to give a cool story bro moment, just showing that his FG% isn't that much of a drain in actuality.

32 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

No he doesn't. He doesn't take enough shots for it to be that big of an impact. My team on the season is at 47%, last week they shot 48.8% and this week there's sitting at 51%, on a punt points team where FG% is volatile due to lower volume. Not trying to give a cool story bro moment, just showing that his FG% isn't that much of a drain in actuality.

I disagree, Rubio is averaging 11 fga per game which is quite significant.  I'm sure you had to be deliberate about surrounding Rubio with multiple fg% anchors if you wanted to be competitive in fg% and at the same time roster Rubio.  Kudos to you, I'm sure going in you knew this. 

My only point was that a one for one swap of Kuzma for Rubio is not necessarily a no-brainer, it is a situation-specific move depending on team build and league settings.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

My only point was that a one for one swap of Kuzma for Rubio is not necessarily a no-brainer, it is a situation-specific move depending on team build and league settings.

I disagree to the part "Rubio single-handedly forces you to punt it away" simply because Rubio's volume is low. I am not saying he does not hurt your fg, i am just saying he does not hurt that much. I agree on this part though "a one for one swap of Kuzma for Rubio is not necessarily a no-brainer, it is a situation-specific move depending on team build and league settings". Anyway, I had no intention to turn this into a Rubio's 2018 outlook, i just mentioned him as an example in order to open a discussion about trade target for Kuzma in case he is considered a sell high player atm.

5 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

I guess my thing is I wouldn't consider a rookie non big man a fg% anchor.  That's my own bias, but I buy into the rookie wall. Also like others said, Rubio doesn't shoot enough to really f--- your game. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, night said:

Looks lost out there with the 2nd unit. Couple of bad turnovers. Clarkson and Randle taking every shot doesn't help either. 

Pretty hyperbolic.

He made one really ill advised behind the back pass on a secondary break that was 10 feet off the mark.  And he threw a pass to the sideline thinking Clarkson was going to spot up when he cut.  Other than that he looked fine.  Would like to see more than 10 minutes, more boards, and a steal, which he seems to be allergic to.  But I'll take a 10 point 2 three half.

Agree with you on Clarkson and Randle though.  I hate Clarkson's game so much.

But let's see what Kuz can do in the 2nd half.  Will be interesting to see what lineup closes out in what looks like it could be a close game.

• Thanks 1