NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kyle Kuzma 2017-2018 Season Outlook

1 minute ago, rando said:

Ball and Randle for Kemba Walker?

https://www.inquisitr.com/4727778/lakers-trade-rumors-lonzo-ball-brandon-ingram-to-hornets-for-kemba-walker-in-suggested-deal/

Trade calculator approves. This would open things up nicely for the Kuz.

Walker is significantly better than those two, even though Lonzo has improved steadily. Hang up phone if I were the Hornets. 

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Down goes the hype train

Ahhh, we're getting closer to Anthony Randolph fever now.   That's more like it.   "Ceiling is Magic, floor is prime Anthony Mason."

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

Walker is significantly better than those two, even though Lonzo has improved steadily. Hang up phone if I were the Hornets. 

I like Kemba but I don't think so. the Lakers aren't going to give up 2 promising rookies for Kemba Walker. the Lakers are most likely the ones to say no. The Hornets could use the change cause Kemba isn't the guy to bring them to the next level but i don't see this trade happening and it's not the Hornets saying no from where I stand

• Like 1

seems like they wouldn't even consider trading ball/ingram...

kemba is 27 and is while amazing is undersized.

Feels like smoke and that they are pursuing smaller trades for their other players - Randle, Clarkson, Lopez, etc.

His value is depleted and his fantasy owners should realize it's the Randle show in LA and hopefully his owners can trade Kuzma on his name value..   Roto world

How do you trade someone if their value is depleted? Lol.  Oh and I real like Randle's line last night compared to Kuzma's?

Edited by Bugs bunny

hes been great so far this season but i did drop for john collins/kyle anderson/dejounte murray. not sure if this was a dumb move but these guys provide stocks beyond 3's and points. maybe i'll come to regret it once randle is traded but we'll see. 

39 minutes ago, mcpick3 said:

hes been great so far this season but i did drop for john collins/kyle anderson/dejounte murray. not sure if this was a dumb move but these guys provide stocks beyond 3's and points. maybe i'll come to regret it once randle is traded but we'll see. 

only reason i traded. i love  kuzma but when i had him he really didnt get stls or blocks. 

i need both if not one of the other on my team from every player

Yeah same! Love Kuzma, the outbursts are great... got stocks at one point but then no pts or 3s... so moved him and Fox (the FG killer) for Henson and Bogdan.

42 minutes ago, necro892003 said:

only reason i traded. i love  kuzma but when i had him he really didnt get stls or blocks. 

i need both if not one of the other on my team from every player

In a redraft I see merit in all the recent posts about trading/dropping Kuzma. In a 9-cat roto keeper, he is holding good value despite a relative lack of stocks. He has shown some signs that he can earn a moderate amount of stocks. In a keeper, I would actually be looking to acquire Kuzma, depending on the keeper system. In my league I can keep Kuzma in the 13th then the 12th the next two years (drafted him this year in the 14th). In a league like that, Kuzma is worth holding for his current value plus unrealized potential. The kid has a presence on the court that belies his rookie status, and he looks confident and comfortable out there. He hustles, so I think his defensive acumen will come around in the next two seasons.

Kuzma is benched, at least for my team. I need guys who get stocks, particularly blocks, and Jarret Allen just replaced him in my UTIL spot until Kyle starts contributing on both ends of the floor, or otherwise makes starting him the obvious move. Love Kuzma long term and can keep him for cheap the next two years, but short term, just letting him camp out on the bench until he heats back up... a lot.

• Like 1

i've owned kuzma since draft day but i never watched the lakers this season (i live in europe and they usually play very late, like 3/4 AM local time).

so what's up with him? why has his scoring gone so down, for so long? has something changed in the lakers rotation/offense or is it just a tough moment for him personally (rookie wall maybe)?

On 2/4/2018 at 4:09 AM, nyer01 said:

i've owned kuzma since draft day but i never watched the lakers this season (i live in europe and they usually play very late, like 3/4 AM local time).

so what's up with him? why has his scoring gone so down, for so long? has something changed in the lakers rotation/offense or is it just a tough moment for him personally (rookie wall maybe)?

Lonzo is down
Randle playing well
Bad defense
Low usage rate, they don't incorporate him as much for some reason
Kuzma is a unselfish player and likes to keep the ball moving