Kyle Kuzma 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Down goes the hype train

Ahhh, we're getting closer to Anthony Randolph fever now.   That's more like it.   "Ceiling is Magic, floor is prime Anthony Mason."

Posted Images

2 hours ago, atlantadynasty said:

It's the pre season, don't overreact. He looks good yeah, but it's a tricky situation there. Will definitely be monitoring the situation but I doubt I'll draft him given he will probably get overdraft 

No one is overreacting.  It seems there are two simultaneous threads here.  Guys touting the talent and upside of Kuzma from a dynasty perspective, and redraft guys trying to decide to pick him up in their 10 or 12 teamers.  The talent is obvious and is looking like he should have been a top 5 lottery pick...acknowledging said talent isn't "overreacting."  Given his current outlook for playing time, I don't think any knowledgeable poster is assuming he will put up preseason and SL numbers immediately in the regular season.

• Like 2

He's definitely not rosterable at the moment with my 10-team league but man... he's got legit talent.  I see high IQ in moving off the ball, getting to open spots, great footwork  AND doing something with the ball immediately after getting it and not stagnating the offense.  I'm excited as a Laker fan and as the 27th pick, this is definitely amazing to see. 

Edited by gill2k
  • Like 3
30 minutes ago, VitorSH said:

Yeah, the problem there is that they have Brook at 5, who is not a good rebounder...

Actually Brook's a good rebounder. Just that the Nets' playing style basically has him running the floor and not boarding. So it really depends on the how the Lakers use him.

50 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

Actually Brook's a good rebounder. Just that the Nets' playing style basically has him running the floor and not boarding. So it really depends on the how the Lakers use him.

Brook Lopez is NOT a good rebounder. Career average of 7.1 RPG and a season best of 8.6 in his 2nd year. Terrible for a 7'0" centre that averages 32mpg for his career. He simply cannot jump. His vert must be about 6" these days. 

Brook Lopez is a BAD rebounder. He was bad even before Atkinson had them running the fastest pace in the league (he just got worse then). And he isn't even very good at boxing out for teammates.

Edited by Jake the snake
2 hours ago, MONEY BALL said:

This might be the worst guy when it comes to Lakers analysis.

Kuzma if he keeps his game up will get the minutes and the guy is comfortable at the 3 and 4.

Lakers may need to showcase some players yes, but they would never stop any players development for that cause. Last year everybody thought Deng will eat Ingram's minutes but that never really happened.

How much Kuzma will play its up to him and his level of play.

2 hours ago, rob0403 said:

Wrong. Brook is more interested in rim protection than boards. He's always been one of the worst rebounding bigs in the NBA. Fortunately he has Randle and Nance to pick up the slack. They may not be great overall, but they'll at least synergize well with him. 

Edited by miasma16
8 minutes ago, Rhythms said:

This is a really good point, Kuzma has been a bad rebounder for a 3-4, ingram, KCP can't rebound. So the only rebounders are ball and lopez if the lakers start Kuzma. That should be reason enough that he doesn't start.

655914-nba-summer-league-julius-randle-o

5 minutes ago, Rhythms said:

If the lakers start Kuzma Randle isn't starting...

Why? Becouse he is played right now as a PF in offense?

In SL he guarded guards/wings such as Jaylen Brown and Tatum, his agility is unquestionable and he can easily play as a SF.

• Like 1
Just now, dekciw_1 said:

Why? Becouse he is played right now as a PF in offense?

In SL he guarded guards/wings such as Jaylen Brown and Tatum, his agility is unquestionable and he can easily play as a SF.

No. Because The lakers want to develop Ingram and Lonzo, Randle is in a contract year and probably won't be re-signed

Won't bother joining the argument.  I just took a flier on Kuzma with my last pick in a 12-team Yahoo league draft I just finished.  Nobody took him and it was the next to last pick of the draft, so I figured "why not?"

10 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Won't bother joining the argument.  I just took a flier on Kuzma with my last pick in a 12-team Yahoo league draft I just finished.  Nobody took him and it was the next to last pick of the draft, so I figured "why not?"

I think the why not is that he probably won't get minutes for a few weeks,  realistically,  so you could've used someone else and then picked him up down the road. 

I say that for basically every rookie,  though,  so sometimes that's wrong.  Most the time it's not, though. 

8 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

I think the why not is that he probably won't get minutes for a few weeks,  realistically,  so you could've used someone else and then picked him up down the road. 

I say that for basically every rookie,  though,  so sometimes that's wrong.  Most the time it's not, though. 

It's possible, but at that point in the draft I didn't have much to lose.  If they can't figure out how to get him solid minutes to start the season, then I can just cut him.  There's always people to pick up early on, and it's not like his upside isn't worth a chance at pick 155 of 156.  He's on my bench anyways.

Watching him right now. The defense gravitated towards him every time he dribbles and he continues to kick it out., not forcing anything. Then he continues to attack the basket with efficiency. He's playing at the pace Magic wants the Lakers to do. The kid just gets it. 

Irrelevant bit -

Jordan Clarkson is ******* garbage lol.