NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kyle Kuzma 2017-2018 Season Outlook

11 hours ago, PuzzBeterson said:

Some LAL fans usually go gaga over their prospects, only to tear them down if they fail to live up to unrealistic expectations. I dont think I've seen it as much with other fanbases.

LOL. "Some fans" in every fan base get excited about their own prospects. LAL fans are no different from anyone else.

Read a Boston Celtics board and see how high those fans are on the likes of Jaylen Brown (MJ comparisons) and that dancing bear guy.  

• Like 1
  • Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Down goes the hype train

Ahhh, we're getting closer to Anthony Randolph fever now.   That's more like it.   "Ceiling is Magic, floor is prime Anthony Mason."

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Kaboom said:

LOL. "Some fans" in every fan base get excited about their own prospects. LAL fans are no different from anyone else.

Read a Boston Celtics board and see how high those fans are on the likes of Jaylen Brown (MJ comparisons) and that dancing bear guy.  

Every Boston fan i know last year was convincing me that Kelly Olynyk is the next Dirk Nowitzki.

• Haha 2
14 minutes ago, Kaboom said:

Far less hot takes on boston realgm or celticsblog than on most lakers forums. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, jay14bay said:

What are the chances that Deng just rides the pine? Maybe it's time to start the full time mentorship role...

I was just thinking the same thing, but BroLo shredding something and missing months is another distinct possibility. If both Ingram and Nance improve as they should Kuzma is going to have an uphill battle for regular PT.

10 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

I ended up taking a chance on him with my last pick.  Maybe I made a mistake holding onto him when a guy like Milos Teodosic was out there (was just picked up last night), but oh well.  Kuzma still has the potential to be a valuable guy even if it isn't right away.

I had no choice but to drop him for Ish Smith. I won't lie and say it didn't hurt, because it did. I'm playing for cash against waiver wire sharks, so I had no choice. I'm definitely gong to add him in my CBS points league though.

I'll be watching the hype from afar.

This kid is one of the most impressive rookies I’ve seen in some time. I know it’s preseason but dude just knows how to ball. I haven’t picked him up yet but I’m watching very closely. Even off the bench he could be dangerous in a 6th man role. But honestly Walton should just bite the bullet, trade/bench randle and have kuzma start alongside nance

2 minutes ago, fabrar said:

This kid is one of the most impressive rookies I’ve seen in some time. I know it’s preseason but dude just knows how to ball. I haven’t picked him up yet but I’m watching very closely. Even off the bench he could be dangerous in a 6th man role. But honestly Walton should just bite the bullet, trade/bench randle and have kuzma start alongside nance

And bench Lopez? Or Ingram?

13 hours ago, fabrar said:

The only option involving Randle would be to trade him.  Otherwise it would be a complete waste benching him since, say what you want, he's one of their better starters.

The only way Kuzma starts anytime soon is if they bench Ingram, but no matter how bad he does, that isn't likely to happen for a while.  It'd also be a little early to trade Randle.

I'm still aboard the Kuzma-train regardless though and want to see what they do with him.

I'm going to throw the name T.J. Warren out there for a couple reasons.  Kuzma reminds me of Warren some with the way he plays and also because that's the sort of fantasy line I realistically envision as his ceiling, give or take a little in a couple categories.

On 10/10/2017 at 1:54 PM, BeeBoyWhoo said:

This guy was drafted in our 6th round hahaha

Is it a money league and if so please let me in..............

4 hours ago, MONEY BALL said:

And this guy got taken #27 LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Was this video made by his dad... he's like a quicker, more athletic, better shooting Magic basically, is this right.... can he also part the red sea.

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, MONEY BALL said:

32 minutes ago, JMASTERJ said:

Is it a money league and if so please let me in..............

And this guy got taken #27 LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Was this video made by his dad... he's like a quicker, more athletic, better shooting Magic basically, is this right.... can he also part the red sea.

Lindsay-Lohan-Spits-Out-Drink.gif

Lmao this is too much. Thank you for giving me a good giggle. FYI, that beat in that video is amazing.

I'm shocked this thread doesn't have a 1000 comments before the regular season started. Surely it would've broken some sort of Guinness book record of some kind.

7 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

The only option involving Randle would be to trade him.  Otherwise it would be a complete waste benching him since, say what you want, he's one of their better starters.

The only way Kuzma starts anytime soon is if they bench Ingram, but no matter how bad he does, that isn't likely to happen for a while.  It'd also be a little early to trade Randle.

I'm still aboard the Kuzma-train regardless though and want to see what they do with him.

Kuzma's production lately will force Walton to give him playing time, which can really only come at the expense of both Ingram and/or Randle. Which is sort of a downer for Ingram, as I was hoping he'd get 32-33mpg this year.  But with Kuzma playing so well, it looks like Ingram might get capped at 29mpg.  

The good thing is Kuzma is, so far at least, showing to be pretty efficient.  So, if he got in the neighborhood of 25mpg, he might still be pretty ownable.  I'm thinking...12pts/5rbs/1.8 threes/1.0 stl/.4 blk with solid percentages and low to's.