Kyle Kuzma 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Down goes the hype train

Ahhh, we're getting closer to Anthony Randolph fever now.   That's more like it.   "Ceiling is Magic, floor is prime Anthony Mason."

Posted Images

On 10/20/2017 at 12:24 AM, Jake the snake said:

i7S7Mb1.gif

Down goes the hype train

On 10/20/2017 at 12:38 AM, Letitbe793 said:

Looks lost and timid 

On 10/20/2017 at 12:43 AM, VaTerp said:

Welp....I know who I'll be dropping for my 1st pickup next week.

Check back after the new year.

On 10/20/2017 at 1:14 AM, RedDogNamedClippers said:

So this hyped died? Can we slow up on the 8 pages.

On 10/20/2017 at 1:33 AM, BoozerDPOY said:

smash that mfin drop button

On 10/20/2017 at 1:59 AM, cdd10 said:

Nance is the best PF on the team

On 10/20/2017 at 3:31 AM, atlantadynasty said:

Eh, good thing I didn't buy in all the hype. Some of you fell in the pre season trap. Not saying the guy isn't good, but doubt minutes will be there. Could be very inconsistent

On 10/20/2017 at 5:46 AM, KilloWertz said:

Just cut him for Nance.  I'll keep an eye out for him, but 18+ minutes without Caldwell-Pope was ridiculous and obviously not a great sign right now.

On 10/20/2017 at 7:20 AM, LosingEffort said:

I hate every kind of hype based on Summer league or preseason 

Kuzma's got a fantasy friendly kind of play, He can score in a Lot of ways.. But it's not enough 

He is no good in defense, he can't guard PF because a lack of athleticism, he can't guard SF so coach won't give him playing time in regular season 

Same for Caleb Swanigan  (another superhyped rookie)

On 10/20/2017 at 8:12 AM, BigBucks33 said:

Missed the game but his line does not surprise me...I thought anything north of 20 minutes was unrealistic for him with KCP out. 18 to 20 minutes is probably his cap this year. 

kyle_kuzma_lakers_nba_poster_design_by_s

lakers-fans-crowd-sunglasses-deal-with-i

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Ok, so I know who I won't be dropping.

Kuzma's 20 pts  and 4-4 from the line helped me squeak by in those 2 categories.  

Obviously expect inconsistency but he's looked really good after getting over the 1st game jitters.

1 minute ago, VaTerp said:

Ok, so I know who I won't be dropping.

Kuzma's 20 pts  and 4-4 from the line helped me squeak by in those 2 categories.  

Obviously expect inconsistency but he's looked really good after getting over the 1st game jitters.

Promising rook, but dont count on him to win you ft%

Kuzma has talent. But Lakers rotation can be hectic 

WOnderin if I should pick him up with waiver number 4.. he seems pretty consistent with his shots. He picks his spots well and doesn’t even look like a rookie.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, adifferentlogik said:

Run don’t walk.

He clears waiver in the morning.   i would have to drop Jaylen Brown or Pat Beverly....im not sure who to drop if any though.

Edited by DLG10
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, willkoo said:

WOnderin if I should pick him up with waiver number 4.. he seems pretty consistent with his shots. He picks his spots well and doesn’t even look like a rookie.

This is why I held on to him. He picks his shots well! I like how he plays because he doesn't have to have the ball to be effective. Good thing I didn't get tempted last weekend to drop him for Taureen Prince! 

32 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

He clears waiver in the morning.   i would have to drop Jaylen Brown or Pat Beverly....im not sure who to drop if any though.

neither one of those thats for sure. 

• Thanks 1

He's a must own imo. Not because if his production so far, but it's obvious to all now he has some very good upside

You're holding onto him because the Lakers are surely going to trade Randle by the Feb. trading deadline, and he's going to have tremendous value(and may even start at some point) as the Lakers start to give more minutes to their younger guys later on in the year.

6 minutes ago, Saltgurkan15 said:

Is he really a "run, don't walk" type of add tho? I still see him as more of a spec add because of the PF situation in LA.

I feel like that phrase gets overused a bit.

Yeah, I read "must own" up there and I feel like that's maybe a little much.  Good speculative pick up?  Absolutely.  But this isn't like James Johnson from last year or something.

• Like 1