Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Brandon Ingram 2017-18 Outlook


Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, affliction said:

BI is turning into a trusted player in my lineup 

His lack of 3's and high TO's depress his value, but if you can deal with that he's been surprisingly consistent. 19.8 PPG over his last 5 games after Magic said in preseason that he wanted Ingram to be a 20 PPG scorer. Seems like he can keep it up (or something close to it), but he's not a complete player yet.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's get the elephant in the room here out of the way. This dude is trash. OK, hopefully, he can serve a good bench role for his career. 

I honestly don't understand what people see in him

Yeah and if I learn to dunk, shoot the 3 and cross people over I'll be pretty good too. 

10 minutes ago, Kaboom said:

His lack of 3's and high TO's depress his value, but if you can deal with that he's been surprisingly consistent. 19.8 PPG over his last 5 games after Magic said in preseason that he wanted Ingram to be a 20 PPG scorer. Seems like he can keep it up (or something close to it), but he's not a complete player yet.   

He's taking threes but he's just not making him. If they start dropping watch out. Obviously fg% and pts are also up

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, blob2004 said:

I feel it's more so the FT depressing his value.

Sure he made 8/8 the other day, but he's likely going to average out in the sub 70% range on high attempts which is quite damaging in close matchups.

73% FT last 10 games and seems to be improving. He was 18 for his last 20 prior to tonight's game, so there's reason to be optimistic going forward. He won't be 21 until next summer; there's room for improvement.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

He's taking threes but he's just not making him. If they start dropping watch out. Obviously fg% and pts are also up

He's taken like 35 3s so far this year. That's nothing in today's game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, IonZephyr said:

Love this kids game (esp as a laker fan) but had to trade him... no way i could handle the FT percentage. 

 

Hes a strong hold if u dont care for FT

Hold? You playing in 8 team leagues that you thought about dropping?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, miasma16 said:

Is that what you're changing your argument to? Crawl back under your bridge. 

Wiggins 2.0 imo is a perfect comparison for his fantasy game. People get enamored with Ingram because of the tools (I did too), and people saying he improved so much. Rotoworld blurb even saying players who drafted him have to be happy with the return so far. This is the exact blurb today

 

He hit just 7-of-21 shots and 5-of-10 free throws, but the rest of his line, and the big shot, were money. Ingram was a disaster last season, but has completely turned things around and looks like a different player this year. His confidence is growing by the week and he's becoming a leader in Los Angeles.

 

Please tell me how you can be happy with ingram's production. I don't have official research, but I bet he went somewhere between rounds 6-8 in most leagues, maybe even round 5 for Laker fanatics. He has been ok in points, rebs, assists, but a liability in all other cats including turnovers. Oh and his current 9 cat ranking? A whopping 202 so far.  How can you be happy if you drafted him between 75-100?

 

It is too early to declare him a bust, as he has the length to help in steals and blocks, but so far, his career is looking closer to Andrew Wiggins. Pure hype but no substance. And if you think the FT struggles will be corrected, it will take a miracle to change that this season, because he has been a bad free throw shooter going back to college and HS.

Edited by sya
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sya said:

Wiggins 2.0 imo is a perfect comparison for his fantasy game. People get enamored with Ingram because of the tools (I did too), and people saying he improved so much. Rotoworld blurb even saying players who drafted him have to be happy with the return so far. This is the exact blurb today

 

He hit just 7-of-21 shots and 5-of-10 free throws, but the rest of his line, and the big shot, were money. Ingram was a disaster last season, but has completely turned things around and looks like a different player this year. His confidence is growing by the week and he's becoming a leader in Los Angeles.

 

Please tell me how you can be happy with ingram's production. I don't have official research, but I bet he went somewhere between rounds 6-8 in most leagues, maybe even round 5 for Laker fanatics. He has been ok in points, rebs, assists, but a liability in all other cats including turnovers. Oh and his current 9 cat ranking? A whopping 202 so far.  How can you be happy if you drafted him between 75-100?

 

It is too early to declare him a bust, as he has the length to help in steals and blocks, but so far, his career is looking closer to Andrew Wiggins. Pure hype but no substance. And if you think the FT struggles will be corrected, it will take a miracle to change that this season, because he has been a bad free throw shooter going back to college and HS.

By saying he's Wiggins 2.0 you're basically he's a bust.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

He IS a bust...in fantasy.

His FT is not going to correct itself, at least not this season anyway.

If you're not punting FT you might find yourself losing that cat consistently vsing teams that don't have an FT drag.

 

To be honest, after taking a look though he is surprising similar to Wiggins in terms of fantasy, someone we all know won't finish top 100 but gets drafted mid round every year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, blob2004 said:

He IS a bust...in fantasy.

His FT is not going to correct itself, at least not this season anyway.

If you're not punting FT you might find yourself losing that cat consistently vsing teams that don't have an FT drag.

To be honest, after taking a look though he is surprising similar to Wiggins in terms of fantasy, someone we all know won't finish top 100 but gets drafted mid round every year.

On ESPN Ingrams ADP is 94.6, Wiggins ADP is 41.3. 

 

It's very possible Ingram doesn't perform up to his ADP, but the person I was quoting seemed to be implying that Ingram isn't going to continue to improve which I think is kinda ridiculous because it seems like he hasn't really stopped improving as they have been increasing his role.  

 

And he obviously is still way too skinny.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jiiiggz said:

Hold? You playing in 8 team leagues that you thought about dropping?

10 teamer keeper league, since your so curious (either that or you are trying to be funny)

 

 

he is great, but better in real life than fantasy; AS OF TODAY.  this coming from probably one of the biggest LAL fans on this board. 

i'm trying to win it all in this keeper league and i have to manage my team to be optimal week in and week out.   don't care for points, and i do desperately need to maximize my FT%.  once again, if you don't care for FT% hes perfect.

 

i did expect him to shoot more threes, but since thats not the case; you can understand my previous post.

Edited by IonZephyr
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IonZephyr said:

10 teamer keeper league, since your so curious (either that or you are trying to be funny)

 

 

he is great, but better in real life than fantasy; AS OF TODAY.  this coming from probably one of the biggest LAL fans on this board. 

i'm trying to win it all in this keeper league and i have to manage my team to be optimal week in and week out.   don't care for points, and i do desperately need to maximize my FT%.  once again, if you don't care for FT% hes perfect.

 

i did expect him to shoot more threes, but since thats not the case; you can understand my previous post.

He's been pretty good except for like some 2 or 1 game duds in between though. His shooting is still not there but his drives are much better. If he gets shooting up, he will basically be a top player in this league.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, ejaggit said:

Guys. He just became an FA in my league... Is he playing well enough to be worth it the pickup? I'm seeing he isn't shooting with the hottest % at the moment 

Potential 1-1-1 along with other counting stats. Ft forced me to punt (also have capela) and turns it over a lot. On a bad night he might hurt fg% too but that's most wing players in league. Will most likely get better as we go through the season

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...