NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Brandon Ingram 2017-18 Outlook

3 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

Potential 1-1-1 along with other counting stats. Ft forced me to punt (also have capela) and turns it over a lot. On a bad night he might hurt fg% too but that's most wing players in league. Will most likely get better as we go through the season

Ah..

So his strength will be just his scoring? Looks like he's a slug on D haha

54 minutes ago, ejaggit said:

Ah..

So his strength will be just his scoring? Looks like he's a slug on D haha

No. He's averaging 16pts 5 rebs 3ast 0.9 stls and 0.8blks 0.5 3pm on 45fg% but what drags down his ranking is that sub 70% ft on 5fta and to and he started off the season slow.

Edited by thrilla1nManila

1.0 stl and 1.0 blk avg is comparable to a typical guard who would have a 1.3+ stl with 0.3 ish blk avg instead. Yeah the only thing that is killing his rankings is that horrible FT%

I am playing in points league right now and he is rolling there. Could be in a good FT% punt build for H2H.

Edited by rob0403
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

LOL.  The owner in my league dropped him after last night's game.

Is this guy a headache to own or is he starting to turn it on now?

depends on who you are dropping. his first single digit game in a long time was was last game, made it up now. if you are dropping someone like belinelli then do it. 1-1-1 potential, assists are up.

Edited by Xmantt

24 minutes ago, Xmantt said:

depends on who you are dropping. his first single digit game in a long time was was last game, made it up now. if you are dropping someone like belinelli then do it. 1-1-1 potential, assists are up.

My only drop would Teodosic or Gallanari (getting tired of the guy)

9 hours ago, DLG10 said:

LOL.  The owner in my league dropped him after last night's game.

Is this guy a headache to own or is he starting to turn it on now?

I'm in a points league so I set him and forget him but people complain about his FT% and lack of 3's. He looked good from 3 last night however. He is probably the main young player I've been following along with Mitchell and I like his future.

You can tell he gets frustrated with Kuzma and Randle's ball hogging tendencies. Lakers actually let him run point on some possessions even with Lonzo in the game and he is the one they go to down the stretch. 

1 minute ago, brosephd said:

hopefully he learns to go left, shoot ft's and add 3's and solid jumper then he'll be really good

And pull up more. He got blocked 3 times in a row . The 3rd one was a great block by Bell and he hurt his face,

Seems to be good now though

I don't know how people are owning this guy in non-punt FT builds.  He's toxic from the line. 

It's kind of interesting how two of the top 3 picks from the 2016 draft in Jaylen Brown and Ingram are having a similar kind of breakout fantasy campaign this season.  

Both have improved their scoring by a lot and while they've become standard league worthy they both have the same problem with knocking down FTs and are only really suitable for punt FT builds.  Considering Simmons is also disgusting from the line you've got the top 3 picks from 2016 who are all best suited to a punt FT.  

BBM standard 9 cat rankings:  

Brown - 153

Simmons - 66

Ingram - 198

BBM 9 cat, punt FT rankings:

Brown - 76

Simmons - 15

Ingram - 106

Edited by ComeOnAndSlam