NBC Sports Edge Forums

Brandon Ingram 2017-18 Outlook

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's get the elephant in the room here out of the way. This dude is trash. OK, hopefully, he can serve a good bench role for his career. 

I honestly don't understand what people see in him

Yeah and if I learn to dunk, shoot the 3 and cross people over I'll be pretty good too. 

He's too passive at times. I'm praying Lonzo coming back helps him. I feel like defenses almost give Ball too much attention and that should hopefully give Ingram some less concentration from other teams on defense. I know that him and Brolo also had good PNR/PNPs so maybe that helps spacing out as well. 

3 point shooting a fluke? Same with better free throw %? You would think someone who makes mid range jumpers pretty often would eventually get his % up.

"Los Angeles Lakers second-year forward Brandon Ingram is beginning to revert back to his form from earlier this season. Over the last three contests Ingram is shooting 64.7 percent from the field including knocking down five of his six 3-point attempts.

One teammate who has taken notice is Brook Lopez. A nine-year veteran in the NBA, Lopez has pretty much seen it all in the NBA. Coming across his fair share of young, promising players, Lopez can tell the difference between someone who is going to stick around, and someone who will flame out."

"“I don’t see him with a ceiling at this point, honestly. For the things he’s doing at 20 years old, it’s really astonishing to watch. You see him on court and it’s one thing obviously, but just to see his work ethic and dedication to the game, it’s second to none. He’s the first one in here getting shots up, getting work in, day in and day out, every day. It’s a testament to the kind of guy he is. I think we’ve just barely begun to see what B.I. can do.” Not that Brook's opinion means a damn thing.

25 minutes ago, brosephd said:

yeah the kd comparisons are never right because he's not a natural scorer like kd but i think he can become giannis and kawhi lite. 

He's definitely most similar to Durant, who's probably the single greatest scorer since Jordan. He'll get 22 per game and he's a significantly worse rebounder, but he was a better defender and passer. He'll be an all-star for years to come, and he's been even better at getting to the paint than I expected, especially since he still hasn't filled out, so all-star may be a conservative designation.  

If you look at his overall game and mid-range/3pt range shooting ability, it's still hard to believe he's a bad FT shooter. Once he get's that set in stone he'll be very good for fantasy 8-9 cat but right now he still hurting you in FT's and TO's since he's a high usage player hence why he isn't even top 100 yet. But getting better. 

he will be a beast for sure, fills out the frame even more. new moves in his repertoire then driving right. ft% improvement, then the defensive intangibles to give him blocks and steals. future is bright for him and ball. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, scienze said:

one of the more underrated fantasy players 

in february:

20 ppg (56% fg, 79% ft)

2 3pg (66%)

4 rpg

6 apg

1 bpg

could be a third rounder next year

He's not overrated... check out his stats for the last 30 days.  I agree with you about next year though, he's going to make a big jump. Compared to last year, he has improved in almost every category.

On 2/11/2018 at 12:20 PM, stevenzhang said:

He's not overrated... check out his stats for the last 30 days.  I agree with you about next year though, he's going to make a big jump. Compared to last year, he has improved in almost every category.

I said underrated 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 11/02/2018 at 7:02 PM, scienze said:

one of the more underrated fantasy players 

in february:

20 ppg (56% fg, 79% ft)

2 3pg (66%)

4 rpg

6 apg

1 bpg

could be a third rounder next year

%66 3pt, %56 fg, %79 ft.

Sorry, I was trying to spell fluke. Sell high.

There's no way Ingram can move that high in draft unless he consistently hits 1.5+ triples and improves that cancerous FT shooting (%68 on 5FTA). His negative impact on FT% is the same as Gobert.

On 2/12/2018 at 2:42 PM, rush007 said:

%66 3pt, %56 fg, %79 ft.

Sorry, I was trying to spell fluke. Sell high.

There's no way Ingram can move that high in draft unless he consistently hits 1.5+ triples and improves that cancerous FT shooting (%68 on 5FTA). His negative impact on FT% is the same as Gobert.

His free throws been getting better 

• 2 weeks later...