NBC Sports Edge Forums

Brandon Ingram 2017-18 Outlook

On 10/10/2017 at 5:31 AM, PuzzBeterson said:

Dirk was prrrrretty 'awful' as a rookie. Your eyetest would say the same if you had watched him play back then. Heck, loads of 'eyetests' said he was a bust back then. Ingram is too young to dismiss and eyetests of random forum members are not important to take into consideration. 

Sums up my thoughts. Didn’t he just turn 20? Lots of ball to be played here. I fully expect him to finish the season as a top 75 guy. 

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's get the elephant in the room here out of the way. This dude is trash. OK, hopefully, he can serve a good bench role for his career. 

I honestly don't understand what people see in him

Yeah and if I learn to dunk, shoot the 3 and cross people over I'll be pretty good too. 

his biggest issues are strength & confidence. he'll stumble across stocks, bc of his length & height. i think the other stats will come based off how he's feeling and effort.

i don't see him coming close to that ceiling everyone thinks he has, until he gets basketball stronger.

It was frustrating watching him use that same weak a** spin move, and him just trying to ISO bigger players out there was very cringe. Perhaps he was just trying to do too much again.

However, I wouldn't use this first game to gauge his ROS outlook, he shot 3-15 and still ended up with 12 points 5 rebounds 4 assists. If his shot was falling he could've ended up with 20+.

He'll be fine. The Lakers just looked lost out there offensively anyhow. They had no chemistry.

Edited by jiiiggz
  • Like 2

He's more frail than Wiggins. Which is a common thing from these college kids nowadays. When he puts some more meat on them bones in a couple years then  he can bulldoze. But by then the Lakers probably unload him to another suitor. 

• Like 1

Love the negative reception after 1 game hahaha, so funny, fantasy amateurs left right and center! He shot 3/15 and still ended up with 12/5/4.. like the other dude said, could've easily had 18-20 if his shot was falling, then what would you all be saying!? 

2 minutes ago, mjp90 said:

negative reception

Maybe because he looked like he went 2 steps back from the 2nd half of his rookie season? He was looking way off during the preseason too. The added pressure from Magic and the Kuzmania didn't help either. 

Just now, Trench Mob said:

Maybe because he looked like he went 2 steps back from the 2nd half of his rookie season? He was looking way off during the preseason too. The added pressure from Magic and the Kuzmania didn't help either. 

Its one game lol, if his shot was falling his line would've looked much better. Don't see how you can judge a player based on 1 performance. haha

9 minutes ago, mjp90 said:

Love the negative reception after 1 game hahaha, so funny, fantasy amateurs left right and center! He shot 3/15 and still ended up with 12/5/4.. like the other dude said, could've easily had 18-20 if his shot was falling, then what would you all be saying!? 

I'd be saying, "Oh he improved from his 40% fg from last year" (62% ft)

But he didn't show that..

If he does improve next game, good for him. He doesn't even pass the eye test at this point. Negative assessments come with negative performances. Move on.

Edited by bhkim814