NBC Sports Edge Forums

Brandon Ingram 2017-18 Outlook

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's get the elephant in the room here out of the way. This dude is trash. OK, hopefully, he can serve a good bench role for his career. 

I honestly don't understand what people see in him

Yeah and if I learn to dunk, shoot the 3 and cross people over I'll be pretty good too. 

Looks confident out there tonight. He has 5 tos but is slashing down the lane dunking in people along with 4ast, 4rebs, 3 stls, and a blk. Once he starts making his long range shots watch out.

buy low now 

Edited by thrilla1nManila

He's getting more consistent from his rocky start this year though.

I hate when Lakers give him isolation plays. He does much better when he receives the ball off a screen and making a play from there.

I would rather have Kuzma play with him than the black hole that is Randle. However Larry Nance was a much better team for his stats, it does hurt Ingram for Nance to be injured.

2 hours ago, rob0403 said:

I hate when Lakers give him isolation plays. He does much better when he receives the ball off a screen and making a play from there.

I would rather have Kuzma play with him than the black hole that is Randle. However Larry Nance was a much better team for his stats, it does hurt Ingram for Nance to be injured.

I noticed that too. He gets a lot of isolation plays but his arms are so damn long and lanky that it's just physically impossible for him to dribble quickly enough or not telegraph his movement to the defender to create space.  As for Kuzma, he's like the next Melo and never looks to pass the rock. I'd rather they get their minutes separately as an Ingram owner. 

16 minutes ago, IsraeliPSYCHO said:

i actually like ingram in iso situations .. especially on slower defenders, he is really good at using his length to manuver around the defense. 

I think I would like his ISO's more next year. He need a bit more muscle to get a stronger drive to the rim. I can see what the Lakers are envisioning though.

1 hour ago, mjp90 said:

where all the ingram haters from 2 weeks ago at? =D

I haven't been a vocal hater on here because 1) talking sh*t about a player is just not cool and 2) because I did target him in my draft and got sniped in round 11. I just don't get taking the time to type negative things about a player. Anyway, this is fantasy and he has weaknesses to his game that need to fit a build. Depending on format, he has weaknesses that are easier or harder to mask. 

He doesn't move the needle in boards, 3's, assists. He has mediocre at best %'s. He does have 1/1/1 potential, so that could fit if you need a scorer in the teens. But again, he isn't for every build and every format. 

I do like his potential, mostly when he fills out his frame, but I need to see sustained increases in his %'s to get really excited about a breakout. Congrats to everyone that started him throughout this heater he is on. One of the best feelings in fantasy basketball is seeing a late round pick put up a top 25-ish player line. 

Edited by thezing1
  • Like 1