NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jonathon Isaac 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Magic are going to let this kid feast, and he is going to take advantage of that opportunity.  As a SF, in that line up, and Fournier hurt, we're looking at   PG: Payton SG: Simmons

They played 3 in 4 with a B2B Friday/Saturday. Sunday was probably a rest day. They probably practiced today and won't have an update until tomorrow because it is all about how injured players respond

This is a bad take.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, FantasyEmpire said:

Every time i read this site, i think he made LBJ or KD-stats, then i looked his stats and then i think, okay the centers in Phoenix are fantasy-studs too.

Reminds me of Chriss pre season and Jarett Allen hype early season. The guy has potential and the blks are nice but he was already playing 20 mins. I'm not holding someone a month and a half for 1.5 blks with a dash of 3s. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, IkeDola510 said:

Nobody is  claiming him to be that. BASICALLY I just want him to keep doing what he's doing with more mins. Hes exactly what my team needs. I'd compare him to Aminu light...but he's going to get better as the year goes like MOST rooks. And down the stretch when orl isn't playing for anything and they unleash him...that's what I'm waiting for. But right now he will be serviceable for me and my team. 

Doesn't seem like everyone knows his game...maybe you do but after reading these posts some have probably never seen him play and they don't know what he offers

I haven't watched him play in games, only highlights. Can you tell me what his motor is like? How active is he on offense? I ask because even guys like David Nwaba who's limited offensively can still up 10+ points just on hustle plays, wondering if isaac can do the same or will he be creating his own shots?

31 minutes ago, bruceleroy7 said:

I haven't watched him play in games, only highlights. Can you tell me what his motor is like? How active is he on offense? I ask because even guys like David Nwaba who's limited offensively can still up 10+ points just on hustle plays, wondering if isaac can do the same or will he be creating his own shots?

High motor. What I liked about him at FSU is they would full court press after a bucket. Very focused on DEF. Good instincts (always around the ball). He plays more like a 3 on offense. No back to the basket but he won't create shots much yet. He will run the floor, cut to hoop for easy bucket's. Not going to force anything but he should get around 10 just based off his hustle. Excited to see him play.... hopefully today

• Like 1
3 hours ago, guess_wh0 said:

Reminds me of Chriss pre season and Jarett Allen hype early season. The guy has potential and the blks are nice but he was already playing 20 mins. I'm not holding someone a month and a half for 1.5 blks with a dash of 3s. :rolleyes:

More like Jarrett Allen. And it has a lot to do with the situation. I think both Chriss and Allen would be solid if they got consistent mins. 

I think this guy will get that...he has to on this team. Also Isaac is more versatile so he can play a few positions. Allen is just a C. The Chris's situation is weird....I think he wasn't as motivated and had attitude issues. Isaac would be the OPPOSITE of Chriss. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Why is everyone so high on this guy?

His length and his recovery on defense is pretty incredible; really explosive. 

He's light years away from making any type of difference on offense though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, DavidbivaD said:

If he was just quiet it would've been fine for me.. his 0/4 is losing me my FG% this week :(

Why is he active on your team? Dude hasn't played in over a month and is a rookie with one practice under his belt and a minutes limit

• Like 2
12 hours ago, thezing1 said:

Why is he active on your team? Dude hasn't played in over a month and is a rookie with one practice under his belt and a minutes limit

Had someone else to put into my inj spot. I had like 6 guys going whereas my opponent had 2 so I just needed him to do nothing except not hurt me. Maybe just get a steal or a block and shoot like 1/2 considering all he’d be asked to do is play defence in those 15min. 

Instead he gives like the worst line possible for me. 

Oh well, my fault for thinking he’d at least do no harm. 

And 8 team? It’s a 12 teamer with 4 bench spots. Did I forget to take my last year teams off my sig?

Edited by DavidbivaD